AV SYSTEMS SPECIALIST, FLORIDA ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY, BOCA RATON, FL
The AV Systems Specialist ensures FAU classrooms function correctly on a daily basis. This position troubleshoots and resolves A/V configuration issues in presentation and video conference classrooms. This position works alongside with A/V vendors during installations to ensure all University functional requirements are met and also coordinates A/V system repair work with vendors when needed. The Specialist also performs occasional AV system installations, with the assistance of other University staff, and ensures technical documentation on classrooms is current.
Position hours are typically 11AM - 8PM Monday - Friday. Some weekend or alternate work hours may be required depending on projects. Travel between campuses may be required.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Troubleshoot and resolve A/V configuration problems in presentation and videoconference classrooms and involve vendors when needed
- Coordinate installation details and testing plans with vendors during installations of classroom and conference room A/V systems
- Support the integration of Echo360 classroom recording appliances within presentation and videoconference classrooms
- Install/configure presentation classroom AV systems
- Support university A/V staff in daily maintenance and problem resolution in classrooms
- Ensure technical documentation on university A/V systems is up-to-date
Valid Driver's License is required.
- A Bachelor's degree in a technology-related field and two years' experience providing end-user support in classroom video conference and recording environments is required.
- InfoComm CTS-General certification preferred , with further CTS-Installation training preferred as well.
- Crestron DM Certified Technician certification preferred.
To apply visit https://jobs.fau.edu (position 992313). Florida Atlantic University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Institution. For accommodation, call 561-297-3058. TTY/TDD 1-800-955-8771