This position manages the consumer collection staff consisting of 12 collectors as well as an administrative staff of two. The position ensures that delinquency is controlled and potential losses to the Bank are minimized on a portfolio of 80,000 accounts and over $1.1 Billion in assets.
- effective designation and monitoring of account workflow to ensure all accounts are serviced and reviewed within the expected time lines
- efficient utilization of various software sytems such as an automated power-dialer, on-line payment processing systems, and internet based collection and skip-tracing tools
- ongoing management of outside vendors, collection agencies and attorneys
- develop cooperative and effective working relationships with direct staff, internal departments and management
- review, analyze and respond to all customer related issues aimed at minimizing losses and maintaining effective customer relations
- develop and maintain all department policies, procedures and standards
- direct responsibility for the completion and distribution of required monthly management and corporate reports
- Proven management skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Proven analytical, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Effective problem-solving abilities.
- Competent computer skills required.
- Associates degree in business related field or equivalent combination of training and experience and/or 5 to 7 years of collection experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of management/supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated success exceeding individual goals and bank objectives.
- Proficient product knowledge related to collection laws and regulations and bankruptcy rules and proceedings.
Eastern Bank - 19 months ago
Eastern Bank wants to help you count your clams. The holding company owns Eastern Bank, which operates approximately 100 branch locations in...