Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people.
We provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Our clients also benefit from access to the breadth of expertise across Barclays. Were one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com .
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
The Fixed Income Rates Product Control Group is organized into three sub-teams, Swaps, Inflation and Bond Trading. This aligns product control with the structure adopted by front office. The Fixed Income Rates Product Control Group is responsible for Risk based P&L attribution, Balance Sheet analysis, and performing the various control functions for Fixed Income products and Interest Rate Derivatives.
The Fixed Income Rates Product Control Group performs the following functions:
P&L and Risk Reporting:
- Manage the team performance and review output to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Produce and analyse effective risk-based explains using them as a means to understand and challenge the business
- Ensure PnL and Risk moves are fully understood, explained and reported to appropriate levels.
- Review and report on new deal activity and its impact on the P&L and banks risk profile.
- Review large & complex transaction to ensure proper controls and accounting treatment
- Review Reserves and Price Testing process
Main duties and responsibilities of this particular role include:
- Ensure accurate and timely P&L and risk based reporting for Flow Fixed Income portfolios.
- Facilitate growth of the firms Flow businesses in a controller capacity, including ad hoc analyses, model/market implementation, relevant price-testing and reserving.
- Responsible for month-end close processes, including Balance-Sheet substantiation, position reporting, and other control functions.
- Control and understand portfolios of Fixed Income Rates products in a fast-paced, complex, and high volume business.
- Become fluent in the primary trading securities including Interest Rate Swaps, FRAs, SpreadLocks, Futures, Treasuries, ETOs, and Swaptions
- Ensure team is motivated and performing at a high level consistently
- Participate in testing and implementation of new models
- Review Price Testing and Reserves
- Undergraduate or post graduate degree.
- 4+ years in Control / Finance capacity.
- 3+ years of experience with MS Office including Excel.
- 6+ years experience, with significant exposure to management and traders. Product and market fluency.
- Strong Technical Skills particularly in Fixed income and derivatives product knowledge.
- Team Leader. Control-focused and diligent.
Able to communicate effectively with traders and senior management in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Assertive and proactive.
- Financial or quantitative undergraduate or post graduate degree.
Barclays Investment Bank - 20 months ago
Barclays Bank is the flagship subsidiary of global financial group Barclays PLC. The bank is primarily active in the UK, where it has some...