Under direct supervision, responsible for design, production and implementation of a variety of communications and project related activities requiring thorough knowledge and understanding of HSAG and CMS policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve on project teams and work independently to assist program staff in development, design and implementation of project activities and interventions using a social marketing approach.
• Design, write, and edit health promotion and public awareness materials for print and website pages to include layout and graphic design.
• Use appropriate communication channels to reach target populations to influence the behavior.
• Design and produce exhibits and audio-visual presentations, using various technologies.
• Participate in CMS sponsored educational offerings and list serves to keep abreast of changes in policies, procedures, and innovative practices.
• Track the production, mailing, and distribution of materials including an inventory of products and materials produced, invoices, and maintain reference copies in job folders.
• Participate in Internal Quality Control (IQC) data collection and monitoring to evaluate effectiveness of materials produced and distribution channels used. Recommended solutions and take corrective actions as indicated.
• Develop work flows, checklists, and procedures to make sure effective processes are in place to ensure contract compliance and efficient resource utilization.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs or technological developments).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college, with an emphasis in journalism, communications or health education.
• Knowledge of graphics programs, desktop publishing, and website software.
• Microsoft Office software skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, MS Publisher, or PageMaker).
• One to three years of experience with communications, editing, or publishing.
• Excellent writing skills including grammar, punctuation, spelling and proofreading.
HSAG is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212.
If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.
- 22 months ago - save job