Upward Bound Academic Advisor
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth seeks applicants for the position of Upward Bound Academic Advisor. This position recruits, guides, and advises students, monitors student progress, and facilitates student development in individual and group activities, performs a variety of tasks related to providing high school students encouragement to complete high school, and promotes post-secondary education to potential first generation college graduates. For the complete job description please go to www.umassd.edu/hr .
· Bachelor’s degree
· Successful experience working with economically or educationally disadvantaged secondary school students
· Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of low income students and students of color
· Demonstrated record of commitment to providing educational access, opportunity, and support for low income students and students of color
· Must be available on nights and weekends as needed
· Travel will be required between target schools, for campus business and to attend tutorials, conferences, etc.
· Advanced degree in counseling, student services or educationally related field
· Successful experience working within a TRIO program or program similar to TRIO
To apply please send a letter of interest, resume and the contact information for three professional references to: Search for Academic Advisor-Upward Bound , Office of Human Resources, 285 Old Westport Road, North Dartmouth, MA 02747.
The deadline for INTERNALS to apply is February 19, 2013. The review of applications will begin February 20, 2013 and continue until the position is filled.
UMass Dartmouth is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, Title IX Employer.
The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth reserves the right to conduct background checks on all potential employees.
View the complete job description here .
To apply for this position please send a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references to:
Search for Academic Advisor
Office of Human Resources
285 Old Westport Road
North Dartmouth, MA 02747
University of Massachusetts- Dartmouth - 17 months ago