Positions in this class typically require: fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Advertised Hiring Range
Provides academic advising, informs students of available College services, and refers students to appropriate campus resources.
Classification DescriptionList the broad major functions of the position.
- Assists assigned advisees with developing educational plans, understanding College policies, procedures and resources.
- Assists incoming students with scheduling and registration at Advising/Registration Sessions ( ARS ).
- Assists students with academic planning and course selection via Walk-In and Drop/Add registration.
- Assists students, one on one and in small groups, concerning their degree requirements.
- Advises students on general transfer information and refers students to available resources.
- Meets with students applying for graduation (utilizing Degree Audit) to assess graduation status.
- Refers students to support services, including counseling, career, disability, and tutoring services when appropriate.
- Uses on-line student system(s) to research student’s transcript, availability of classes, and other pertinent student information.
- Assists with registration planning and problem-solving and New Student Orientation as needed.
- Participates in various retention efforts.
- Participates in mandatory training sessions before and during the academic terms.
- Remains current with course, curriculum and program requirements, and keeps abreast of transfer information, articulation agreements and dual admission procedures.
- Evening and/or Saturday advising may be required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and related experience; OR a combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Job Specific Task List
Qualifications: Preferred Experience
Prefer at least 2 years of experience in a higher education setting.
Prefer at least 2 years of experience in academic advising.
Prefer previous experience using Banner.
Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled