Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is a privately-held company that successfully operates Job Corps, corrections, medical, and international and domestic workforce development contracts. MTC has been serving disadvantaged populations for 30 years and employs nearly 10,000 workers. MTC is a rapidly-growing, innovative and competitive company that is the leading operator of Job Corps centers in the United States.
Job Corps is a federal vocational training program for young adults (ages 16-24) seeking to learn career and success skills. Job Corps program's mission is to assist young people become more responsible, employable and productive citizens. Cascades Job Corps Center , operated by MTC, is among the highest performing Job Corps centers in the nation. This beautiful campus is located in Sedro-Woolley, 24 miles south of Bellingham, Washington at the base of the majestic Cascade mountain range. If you desire a dynamic work environment with a fulfilling mission and career potential, then check out Cascades Job Corps Center!
ON-CALL ACADEMIC INSTRUCTOR
This position is responsible for providing subsitutute academic instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula. Instructors provide students with basic direction, in compliance with government and management directives. Among other duties, this position will:
- Provide students with basic direction, instruction, and assistance in designated area of instruction. Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits.
- Coordinate with residential advisors, counselors, and other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Deliver and conduct enrichment programs as assigned.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to the students, staff, and other center customers.
- Model appropriate behaviors, mentor students where necessary, and monitor both positive and negative behaviors through interventions, as well as maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
Bachelor's degree in related subject and certified to teach in state in which center is located required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
MTC is an equal opportunity employer.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...