This position is located in Serra Mesa.
8-hour shift: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School with insurance back ground
- Three years’ of hospital, clinics or physician office billing
- Insurance eligibility and verification
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Coordination of clinic for transplant patients awaiting kidney transplant. Working with physicians and other health care professionals in the transplant department. Great opportunity to learn and develop knowledge and skills regarding transplantation. Working with a diverse staff dedicated to seeing patients through the transplant process. Insurance verification and obtaining authorizations for visits, greeting and directing patients. Developing relations with other providers that provide care.
Since 1986, more than 500 patients have been supported with cardiac and/or pulmonary mechanical circulatory support systems at Sharp HealthCare.
Why Choose Us?
• Active participation in clinical trials enabling many devices to receive FDA approval and be used more safely and effectively
• More than 20 years of experience, providing support to more than 500 patients
• Nationally recognized clinical researchers and authors covering issues relating to artificial heart pumps
• Sharp Memorial Hospital has advanced certification in ventricular assist devices from The Joint Commission
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
Sharp Healthcare - 4 months ago
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...