This position is located in Serra Mesa.
Variable 8-hour PM shift: 11:00 am - 11:30 pm, working every other weekend as needed.
- Internal candidates only (Sharp HealthCare employees)
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Customer Service, Hospital or Ambulatory Patient Registration experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology and Healthcare Insurance regulations preferred.
- Strong organization and prioritizations skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment required.
- Experience communicating and discussing personal and financial matters with patients or their representatives preferred.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Accurately type 35-40 wpm required.
- Strong written/verbal communications skills required.
- Must be a team player
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Ability to complete all functions at point of registration, necessary to comply with JCAHO, document effectively and concisely, communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, function well in demanding stressful environments. Organize and prioritize work activities. You will work in the Emergency Department, Main Admitting, registering patients and collecting co-pays and deductibles from patients.
This position will be working in the Emergency department. The primary responsibilities are registering patients at bedside using a wireless cart, collecting demographics and verifying insurance, collecting co-pays and or deductibles, screening for financial assistance. Working at the discharge station includes verification of all patients insurance in the ER lobby, also transfer patients from ER to assigned room, register Trauma patients, prepare Trauma packets. Register walk-ins and Out Patient visits. Work the COA report and deliver Inspirational messages to inpatients.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Sharp Healthcare - 16 months ago
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...