This position is located Serra Mesa.
4-hour shift: 6:00 am – 10:00 am, working Monday – Friday.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Intra-Unit Posting: (Current Sharp Memorial Lab Revenue department employees only)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years’ current customer service experience
- Ability to type thirty-five to forty wpm.
- Ability to remain calm and use excellent judgment in fast paced situations
- Strong teamwork abilities
- Strong computer and telephone experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with obtaining and verifying medical insurance benefits, eligibility, and authorization for services
The ideal candidate will be obtaining and processing patient demographic, visit, and financial information in a manner that facilitates maximum financial reimbursement and promotes premier customer service.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
- 21 months ago - save job
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...