Technical Business Systems Analyst – Woonsocket, RI
Hands-on technical role to support our onsite audit team through client data conversion and the development and delivery of audit tools and reports. Ideal candidate combines experience with very large datasets (SQL Server or similar), business application programming tools (VB, VBA, or similar), and business understanding to mine data and automate workflows focused on identifying anomalies and errors in our clients business transactions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Perform complex data mining and aggregation; commingle multiple datasets to develop a streamlined, efficient representation of transaction lifecycles.
- Data mining for advanced analysis of data; presented in reports and/or interactive auditing tools
- Collaborate with business process owners to identify opportunities; define business requirements, design solutions to map to and in support of new or existing business processes and / or workflows,
- R apidly implement technical solutions designed to maximize operational efficiency and productivity.
- Perform Data validation and massaging to ensure accuracy and quality of data
- Large volume data conversion, data cleansing, production report generation, and upholding scheduled data delivery standards.
- Full life cycle project ownership from analysis to development to delivery of audit solutions.
- Contribute to documentation initiatives as needed
- Contribute to group knowledge and best practices
- Interacts with Auditors and other end users, other analysts and management, Corporate Functions
- Advanced SQL Server skills – SQL Query Development and Performance Tuning (DBA Experience also helpful)
- Intermediate Visual Basic or similar programming skills.
- Report writing experience (Access, Crystal or R&R)
- Proficiency with large volume datasets (100 million+ row tables)
- Experience with ETL tools or data conversion processes a plus
- Data warehouse experience a plus
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, ability to translate end user needs into an IT solution
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail is critical to the success of all candidates.
- Ability to recognize inefficiencies in processes (operational or technical) and the ability to design solutions to address these issues.
- Minimal travel required (less than 5%)
- MS Access test involving both query writing and Visual Basic
- Business analysis experience in a programming or development role
- BS / BA Computer Science or Information Systems degree preferred; Business, Finance, or Accounting degree would be considered as would equivalent experience
- Equivalent backgrounds would include: SQL Programmer, Database Developer, Software Developer, Software Engineer
Connolly’s Non-Negotiable Values
- Customer Service Focused
- Team Player
- Results Oriented
- Boundaryless Behavior
Connolly's most important resource is experienced, committed and creative employees. The open and inclusive team-oriented culture encourages contribution and enables employees to go beyond to fulfill his or her potential. Connolly is unique in its uncompromising commitment to provide the highest level of quality in auditing services. Connolly offers careers with plenty of challenge and opportunity, in a rewarding atmosphere. If you have a proven track record of accomplishment, commitment, and passion for success than Connolly is the right choice for you.
Connolly, LLC - 18 months ago
We also offer over 600,000 promotional items to serve all the needs of your campaign. We have increased our in-house button making options....