The Account Director is a trusted adviser and partner to the client, who develops strong mutually respectful client relationships and has strong business management skills. He/she leads and mentors a team of Account Services professionals of varying seniority. Using highly developed people and project management skills, the Account Director inspires and collaborates with key team members across disciplines and departments to deliver integrated marketing solutions for client brands. He/she embraces the Conill spirit of One Team, One Dream, Nothing is Impossible.
Client Services Director
- Expert on clients’ business; provide senior-level “thought leadership.”
- Comprehensively grow and develop account(s).
- Establish and foster strong personal and working relationships with designated senior client contacts.
- Must “get the assignment right” with input, collaboration, inspiration and knowledge base.
- Bring clarity around client expectations early in a project.
- Maintain clients’ respect and confidence as a trusted adviser and confidante, offering sound judgment and proven business acumen in a range of options to address various issues and opportunities. Be willing to engage clients on difficult issues.
- Maintain knowledge of “day-to-day” client initiatives, including, but not limited to, business-building, strategic, media and creative projects.
- Play a substantive role in major presentations to clients, including annual planning, and selling creative, media plans and integrated campaign initiatives.
- Provide leadership, support and supervision to the team assigned to the account; inspire, motivate, train and mentor as appropriate.
- Ensure management practices within the department are professional, efficient and in the best interest of the agency’s profitability.
- Make decisions on salary, promotions and account rotations with support from the Management Director / Executive Director. Consult with HR as appropriate.
- Embraces the Conill Spirit
- Entrepreneurial; does not need constant direction.
- Owns the account plan.
- Concerned with the agency’s profitability and is alert to opportunities to build additional business from clients.
- Control costs such as account handling expenses, write-offs and other non-billable areas associated with running the business.
Measure of Accountability
- Demonstrates a clear, comfortable, persuasive presentation style.
- Writes impeccably.
- Speaks and writes with a clear point of view.
- Is prepared for the unexpected.
- Regularly communicates feedback to the team.
Position will be evaluated on the proficiency in delivering on the following:
- Team Building
- Organizes teams to make use of skills
- Builds bonds and morale
- Deals with conflict
- Think Big
- Takes the long-term view
- Evaluates alignment and identifies opportunities
- Takes into account the wider operating environment
- Building Client Trust
- Advocates for clients internally
- Acts as a trusted advisor
- Grows profitable relationships
- Organizational Leadership
- Creates the vision and has a clear picture of the future of the organization or department
- Articulates and models the vision and values of the organization internally and externally
- Champions the implementation of strategy, takes ownership of the organization's reaction to unforeseen circumstances, taking responsibility for major decisions and marshaling resources.
All employees of Conill are expected to be aware of and adhere to all Publicis Groupe Policies, in addition to Conill policies. All Publicis Groupe policies supersede other policies except for when in conflict with State Law. Candidates must have a legal permit to work in the USA. Candidates must also possess the following competencies:
- Relationship Management
- Ability to initiate and grow mutually beneficial relationships
- Actively develops networks
- Manages potentially difficult relationships
- Identifies and quickly takes advantage of business opportunities
- Understands the market
- Takes calculated risks
- Generates original ideas
- Experiments with different approaches to find a better solution to a problem
- Identifies ways to improve process/situations
- Ability to focus on important issues only
- Regularly refocuses on results
- Demonstrates a drive to exceed performance targets
Minimum 8-10 years in advertising experience or relevant communications role(s). Proven ability to manage midsize accounts. Consumer Package Goods (CPG) experience is a plus
Bachelor’s degree minimum, MBA preferred.
Long hours are often necessary, including evenings and/or weekend work may be required. And there can be a limited amount of travel associated with this position. Conill is a professional, fast-paced, creative business environment. There may be times when lifting up to 25lbs is required.
All employees are expected to support Conill’s commitment to providing a respectful and safe workplace and conduct themselves in a professional and acceptable manner during all work-related events, including but not limited to, holiday parties, off-sites, client meetings/events and shoot locations.
Team One - 10 months ago