Account Executive/ Business Development Consultant (Union Square)
Date: 2012-05-30, 4:53PM EDT
Reply to: HR@aboutdci.com
Development Counsellors International, a New York based marketing firm specializing in Economic Development, seeks a driven Account Executive to join our Prospect Development/Qualification (PDQ) team. The PDQ team works on behalf of cities, states, regions and countries to encourage business retention and inward investment by connecting our client locations with key decision makers at leading companies throughout the US and the World.
- Contacting a variety of companies, from a qualified prospect list, to interview executives and set up face-to-face meetings for our clients.
- Managing communications between the internal account team and clients to promote long term relationships.
- Conducting research analysis on a broad range of companies and preparing detailed reports for clients.
- Tracking trends in various industries and the related effect on domestic and international economic development/ investment promotion.
- Generating fresh ideas and implementing creative business development campaigns for clients.
DCI offers the right candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or relevant masters degree is a plus.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years professional experience; background in economic development, sales, account management, fundraising and/or recruiting is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Interest in speaking with corporate level executives in a wide variety of industries to discuss strategic planning initiatives.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects for diverse clients while meeting deadlines and maintaining work quality.
- Team player with high energy level and a results-orientated attitude.
- Available for periodic travel to client communities and industry events.
- Functional experience with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and various research platforms such as Hoovers, LexisNexis, etc.
- Entrepreneurial culture
- Competitive salary
- Performance based incentive program
- Summer hours program
- Health/ dental coverage
- “Open Book” management policy
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Send cover letter and resume by email to HR@aboutdci.com and include “PDQ Account Executive” in the subject line.
- In-person and telephone interview required.
- Please no phone calls about this listing.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.