To recognize business trends, identify sales opportunities, and facilitate contacts that enable you to sell a comprehensive, integrated advertising/marketing service to Marketing Directors/Managers of major brands and blue chip companies.
The successful candidate must be a consummate sales professional—experienced, motivated, and self-starting with a positive attitude, and the desire and ability to focus on purely new business. The position is suited to an individual who is "sales hungry" and who can utilize his or her exceptional skills to produce effective and successful results.
- Develop new business relationships that generate new income for the company to an agreed annual target, to increase year upon year.
- Present to potential clients through direct communication in face-to-face meetings, telephone calls and e-mails.
- Travel. You will be expected to spend 80% of your time out of the office in meetings, predominantly in the U.S. with overnight stops.
- Responsible for lead generation and appointment setting.
- Actively and successfully manage the sales process: lead generation, credentials pitch, asking questions, solution pitch, negotiation, close and handover to the account team.
- Ensure all sales opportunities are captured and explored through drive, motivation and acute attention to detail.
- Self-management of time and individual responsibility for new business. Support by senior agency staff is available for complex pitches and strategies.
- Managing and maintaining a pipeline and ensuring all sales administration is current.
- Create and be accountable for all client proposals, contracts and any further documentation, following company procedure.
- To thoroughly understand clientﾒs marketing objectives, including their ROI expectations.
- Respond to requests for information in a timely manner.
- Effectively interact with other departments, including the account management and creative team when handing over projects, ensuring full and correct briefings on all aspects of the contract.
- Ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of the U.S. marketing sector.
- Exceptional sales ability and full, demonstrable knowledge of the sales process.
- Understand how to sell a wide range of marketing and creative services to B2B and B2C clients, including Web and national broadcast.
- Confident negotiator and ability to "close the deal."
- Strong client management skills and ability to keep promises.
- Confidence in presenting technical and marketing data to clients and colleagues in a variety of media.
- Ability and confidence to present and speak at industry events and shows to an audience of up to 500 people.
- Capable of hands-on problem solving, with the ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- A positive and determined approach to researching and analyzing new business opportunities.
- Ability to use initiative and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritize tasks.
- Strong communication skills in all forms, including written, oral, e-mail, telephone and presentation.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Capable of working independently with individual responsibility.
- Establish contact with Company Directors/Managers utilizing existing or self-generated leads.
- Utilize all market data to identify trends and maximize sales opportunities.
- Develop and promote sound working relationships with all external customers in order to promote the company and enhance business awareness.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with agency account and creative teams.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to junior sales team members.
You may have worked in the following capacities:
- Previous sales experience with proven record of success, ideally within an outbound, proactive sales environment.
- Business acumen ﾖ commercially aware and interested in relevant business sectors.
- In-depth knowledge of marketing/advertising and the ability to write strategic marketing plans.
- Strong and confident communication and relationship-building skills.
- Target-driven approach to successful salesmanship.
- Valid driving license.
Area Sales Consultant, Senior Sales Executive, Agency Senior Sales Executive, Field Sales Manager, New Media Sales, Advertising Sales, New Media Business Development Manager, Agency Sales Manager, Business Development Director, Marketing Business Development.
Hellman - 11 months ago