The Federal Account Manager/Business Development professional is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic and tactical sales, resulting in thegeneration ofnew business. He/she will create an account plan for their targeted Agencies with preference for Homeland Security, DoD, Healthcare IT, and/or Civilian for execution and delivery of net new sales growth. We prefer a candidate with an IT Product Infrastructure and OEM background from Dell, HP, Lenovo, IBM, EMC, etc. The Account Manger will be heavily involved in driving the initiation and close of sales contracts, development and maintenance of accurate revenue forecasts, management of quota funnels and forecasts, and providing strategic and financial leadership for the assigned account(s) portfolio.
- Meet and exceed established sales and revenue quotas byidentifying, bidding on, negotiating, and closing new salesopportunities. Provide comprehensive account plans and strategies to win new business from both new and existing accounts.
- Develop and manage customer relationships in order togain strategic positioning with decision makers; retains existing revenueand attains additional business. Develops additional businessopportunities within the customer account(s) by implementing action plansto cross-sell and up-sell accounts to increase overall total customerspend with the company.
- Provide input to sales management about trends andchanges taking place within the customers organization, and makes recommendations about future courses of action necessary of the company towards improvingits position with the customer.
Education and Experience:
- 7-10 years of federal sector sales experience
- Consultative selling approach experience, selling toDoD and Civilian Government, selling to Senior c-level Executives and Program Executive Offices (PEOs), streamlined Target Account Selling methodology
- IT Sales Discipline IT Product Infrastructure forDesktops,Mobile, Servers, Storage and High Performance Computing and SoftwareEnterpriseSuites
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering, ComputerScience, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or theequivalent in experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Successful track record of selling IT Product Infrastructureand Services to the Federal (Defense/Homeland Security) Industrial Base, and Public Sector.
- Experience in strategic, technical, and businesscommunications application sales.
- Ability to perform consultative selling and leveragefederal sales cycle through superior delivery skills, client relations andsubject matter expertise.
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in sellingto the close to Program, Technical, and Executive personnel.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
- Experience managing delivery orders and task orders on ID/IQ, GWAC, GSA, BPA and MMAC contract vehicles.
- Leverage Contract Vehicles and Tier One OEMs such as Dell, HP, Lenovo, and IBM to provide customer technology briefings and IT Infrastructure deployments to uncover new sales opportunities.
- Develop partnerships with Vendor Field Sales Representatives and optimize the joint selling opportunities within the territory.
- Build market awareness of Spectrum throughparticipation in local/regional industry events, organizations andaffiliations.
- Good writing skills including technical briefs,proposal submissions and client presentations.
Total compensation is comprised of a base salary (DOE) and incentive compensation tied to sales quota and direct responsibilities to promote the growth of the company.
Outbound Sales Position located in DC Metro radius; travel 50%+ to client site, industry events and as required to support sales growth.
Spectrum Systems, Inc. maintains a business casual workplace.
It is the policy and commitment of Spectrum Systems, Inc. to support both the regulations and spirit of the EEOC and all other equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at local, state and federal levels to which Spectrum is subject.
We offer competitive salary and benefits including health/dental/life/disability and long term care insurance, 401k and paid time off.
Qbase - 9 months ago