You don't get to be a leader in global communications without learning a thing or two about what it takes to stay out in front. Not to mention the types of people a company needs to make it happen. We look for individuals who are motivated by the success of their team and by the success of their careers. That's the formula for success at Verizon. If it's yours as well, apply right away.
Utilize prospecting skills that include networking with former business partners and contacts, cold-calling, industry research, social media and technology utilization and solution oriented product knowledge to generate new business.
Using client and prospect feedback, develop specific solutions and sell strategic services to include Network, IP Telephony, Data Center solutions including Cloud Computing, Managed Services, Security Services, Call Center Solutions, and CPE offerings. It is critical for the Account Executive to be a team leader and an astute business person, have exceptional business insight, show executive/boardroom presence, and have outstanding judgment.
This position will:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Uncover and develop C-level executive relationships within assigned account portfolio as well as new customers who are currently not doing business with VESO.
- Develop strategic solution based plans based on industry trending and customer analysis, which includes preparing executive profiles, and continuous study of assigned accounts' industry, business challenges and trends.
- Develop a version of the Strategic Plan to share with customers to solicit their input and have them gain a sense of joint ownership of the Plan.
- Prepare sales forecasts, account status reports, and recommendations to enhance account growth and new revenue potential
- Participate in contract negotiations.
- Develop creative and customized package of new applications and services.
- Require an understanding of all VESO services/products and network.
Bachelor's Degree preferred and 3-5 years successful strategic/solutions and/or systems integration sales experience or related discipline. Must be able to manage, lead and influence others outside of their department/functional area as such, managerial experience a plus.
The preferred candidate must also be able to manage multiple priorities, develop strong relationships within assigned accounts, and:
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Articulate client business value with consultative selling approaches
- Understand the delivery implications of consulting opportunities and sell solutions that can deliver
- Assist with developing proposals and oral presentations
- Work in a highly ambiguous, dynamic environment with a proven ability to balance competing demands and priorities as well as operate independently while building a successful sales pipeline/channel
- Team with colleagues and vendors to develop creative solutions
- Understand key partner and competitor offerings which overlap the VESO solution space
- Must have proven track record of exceeding annual sales plan.
Excellent communication skills, able to interact with C-Level executives, polished and professional, ability to work effectively on their own and work well under tight deadlines. Able to effectively work on multiple projects at a time. Must be organized. Negotiation skills required. Must be able to identify short and long term goals to achieve overall team/company objectives.
We want you. Because you have talent and drive. Because you're resourceful and creative. Because you have ideas and enthusiasm. We want you because we believe in the power of one. And we've created a world where every individual understands how hard we work for them. What will your contribution be?
Back to Search Results
Verizon - 18 months ago
Verizon Business, a unit of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ), is a global leader in communications and IT solutions. We combine...