Note: This position can be located in any major metropolitan area. The position will work remotely from home, but will be aligned to the National Consulting Practice, headquartered in Minneapolis, MN.
Since 1995, Magenic has been developing innovative custom applications for the Microsoft Platform to meet the unique business challenges for some of the most recognized companies. As a leading Microsoft National Systems Integrator (NSI), Magenic has been recognized as a Gold Managed Partner and International Partner of the Year. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Magenic has regional offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Boston and Atlanta, and we are growing into the Charlotte, NC market. We are THE experts in Microsoft technologies, and we are now expanding that expertise to the Mobile Platform with Android and iPhone opportunities. To learn more, please visit http://magenic.com.
The National Markets AE’s are responsible for creating and driving new business for the National Markets Practice – which covers all national markets outside of our existing regions. The role will be responsible for developing a strategic plan, executing against it through effective pipeline management and meeting/exceeding a quarterly sales quota.
We only seek ‘proven’ sales performers who are competitive, outgoing and enjoy owning their own territory. Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated track record of ‘sales excellence’ and experience owning the sales cycle from lead generation to closure. To be clear, we seek Hunters, not Farmers. These are individual contributor roles focused on new business acquisition, not account management.
To be successful, you must have experience in a number of the following tactical business environments:
- Proven, repeatable ability to build new customer portfolios from scratch
- Unparalleled ability to develop an overall territory attack plan
- and an individual customer approach plan…that leads to a solid portfolio of new customers
Extensive experience preparing and presenting first-time and follow-up meetings, with excellent follow-up with perspective customers
Ability to ‘diagnose’ customer needs on the first meeting or conference call
Deep market knowledge and ability to ask probing questions that uncover customer needs and help shape the customer’s vision about the potential solution
- Proven experience selling services preferably in one of the following technical areas: Microsoft software development tools: VB .Net, Sharepoint, Biztalk, SQLServer, etc; Java and open source software development; ERP software including SAP and/or Oracle
- Excellent familiarity with a ‘Solutions Selling’ background including training from Solution Selling (Bosworth & Eades) or Miller Heiman or Helping Clients Succeed
- Passion for developing solid personal relationships with the customers via meetings, lunches, dinners and events (golf, sports events, technology events, community events, etc.)
- Proven ability to adapt the message and meeting approach for various levels of a client organization (i.e. Stakeholder, CIO, VP, SR Manager, Line Manager, mid-level manager, PM, developer, QA, exec. Assistant, etc.)
- Successful experience building internal relationships with a Professional Services delivery team (General Managers, Technical Architects, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Developers and QA) that result in steering a solution through the initial envisioning stage all the way to the delivery stage
AE’s are the driving force behind Magenic’s continued growth - and we believe in rewarding our sales team accordingly. We do so with competitive base salaries, robust benefits, commissions based on gross revenue and uncapped earning potential. We provide a supportive team environment, well-honed marketing engine, inside sales support, and most importantly, top-tier talent and resources to deliver what you sell! Our Consultants are best-of-breed and they stay with Magenic because of our unique culture and rewarding environment.
If you have proven, documented experience in most of the above areas, and a passion for what you do, then you likely qualify for this position. That said, the following qualifications have proven beneficial: ·Bachelors degree or higher in computer or business related major (Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, etc).·5-7 years of related job experience – experience in the Services and/or Software industry. IT Consulting experience strongly preferred·Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Competitive salary, uncapped commission based on gross revenues, full benefits, 401k matching
EEOC Job Category: Professionals (2)
Job Category: Sales : Sales - Outside
Number of Openings: 1
Job Level: Mid Career
Years of Experience: 7+ Years
Level of Education: BA/BS (4 years) preferred
Starting Date : January 1 , 2013
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Travel: 25-40 %