Key Areas of Responsibility
This person is responsible for direct sales (orders and revenue) for COMM. The person is responsible for the profitable sales of Teradata solution portfolio products including software, professional services, hardware and support services. This includes products such as Customer Retention Management Solutions, Campaign Management Solutions, Network Infrastructure Warehouse, Scalable Data Warehousing, Customer Interaction Solutions, Teradata database software, and Object Relational technologies. Specific solutions to be sold depend on industry segment.
- Capitalize on industry knowledge and contacts to uncover business opportunities
- Effectively advise and influence customers through consultative selling techniques
- Research the customer environment to be able to populate the business impact model
- Articulate the solution in terms of ROI to the customer
- Utilize team members including post-sale delivery professionals, pre-sale technical professionals, and management to achieve business objectives
- Rely on excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to initiate and maintain executive-level interaction and customer satisfaction
- Develop new business opportunities and close new account business
- Close profitable Teradata scalable data warehouse solution business incorporating hardware, software, professional services, and customer services
- Understand and articulate the value of Teradata Professional Services
Education and Experience
BS degree in a business-related field (Marketing, Sales, Management, Communications).
Demonstrated success in sales. 75%+ success record for making sales goals
Demonstrated success managing a large account relationship.
Demonstrated success developing new account opportunities.
Industry knowledge preferable. This could be obtained from selling into a particular industry or from actually working in a particular industry. Industry Knowledge pertains to ones ability to understand the current business problems that face customers in the industry, staying on top of industry trends, predicting/forecasting possible business problems, and being able to articulate how the SDW/Teradata Solution or Customer Interaction Solution can help the customer.
Experience in selling software/applications specifically in the database space. Some technical knowledge of hardware is necessary (other applicable includes ERP sales, Date Transformation sales).
Experience in selling and articulating the value of Professional Services to customers.
- Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans
Americas-United States-California-San Francisco
AMS Sales & Services
Teradata is a global leader in analytic data platforms, marketing and analytic applications, and consulting services. We help organizations...