Job Posting |
• Works with Global Vice President of Sales and Client Services, Business Unit Presidents, Global Scientific Leadership, Strategic Partnering Leadership and local operational leaders to develop and execute global account strategy within targeted alliance, strategic and key accounts.
• Directly accountable for:
o achieving account portfolio financial goals
o achieving account portfolio relationship building goals
o growing market share of existing BU service lines
o optimizing new BU service line launch financial goals
o liaising with Alliance Management to identify, develop and execute integrated One Covance opportunities
• Build high-level relationships
• Manages portfolio of defined alliance, strategic and key accounts; responsible for growing orders and profit share in selected accounts.
• Builds relationships with functional client decision makers critical to the business unit.
• May represent multiple BU service lines to client base.
• Provides comprehensive intelligence on key competitors.
• Sells the business unit’s capabilities and differentiation frameworks.
• Principal account interface and commercial negotiator for all BU sites.
• Liaises with Scientific Leadership and Marketing to target scientific input that adds value to account strategy and deepens Covance’s scientific perception within accounts.
• Collaborates effectively with sales staff from other Covance units to bring potential opportunities to their attention and to identify and win multi-unit projects.
• Develops and establishes long-term account plans.
• Leads and negotiates business unit based MSA’s and preferred provider agreements.
• Accountable for communicating account plans, modification and account activity through Salesforce.com.
• Uses SFDC to manage internal communication and document territory and client information as required.
• Assists in determining margins and pricing with Client Services.
• Participates in proposal scope development as appropriate.
• Liaises with BU general management to ensure high quality delivery of services to account portfolio.
Bachelor Degree in Life Science or Business required
Graduate degree preferred
- 8-12 years sales (or relevant) experience selling services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech section with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers
- Bachelors degree in life science or business field preferred
- Advanced industry knowledge
- Demonstrated client retention skills
- Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
- Ability to differentiate Covance from competitors
- Experience developing and executing strategic business plans
- Ability to manage and motivate client facing teams
- Negotiation skills: direct face to face negotiating experience with major clients
- Demonstrated leadership experience in leading and presenting to executives and senior levels of the client organization.
- Extensive global collaboration experience
- Highly consultative
- Strong customer orientation
- Experience managing strategic accounts
- Knowledge of the drug development process
- Ability to influence disparate groups and individuals
- Strong financial acumen: delivering business results in a commercial environment; budgeting; financial planning and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to acquire, grow and retain clients
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance - 17 months ago
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...