ROLE: Generate revenue on the local sales level through the selling of commercial time to direct retailers, agency business, and regional accounts. Direct responsibility for developing, servicing and growing New Business Accounts.
- Develop, service, and grow revenues from New Business Accounts.
- Sell TV spot availabilities, programs and sponsorships directly to clients.
- Utilize Qualitap and TV Scan materials for research presentations.
- Develop business for CT.com.
- Coordinate activities with Local Sales Manager.
- Conceive, develop, prepare and present sales and research materials to clients.
- Originate and maintain sales contracts, sales records (late runs, makegoods, etc.) and correspondence with accounts.
- Ensure orders are properly scheduled.
- Follow up on credit applications, billing discrepancies and accounts receivable.
- Obtain necessary commercial material and scheduling instructions; provide same to traffic department.
- Develop new direct and vendor business.
- Achieve and exceed individual revenue plan for New Business, Sales Promotions, and CT.com.
- Position requires performance of other job-related duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred
- Electronic media sales experience preferred
- Direct sales skills
- Negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong communications skills, in person and phone
- Team player
- Goal oriented self-motivator
- Must have valid drivers license and own transportation
- Proficient with basic computer skills. (Microsoft Word and Excel)