Primarily responsible for the management of key accounts and client projects from concept to mail drop in an efficient, cost-effective and timely manner and the development of a productive business relationship to ensure client satisfaction and continued business. Responsible from the initial inception of the mailing project to the implementation of a direct mail campaign. May be responsible for training other account services employees assisting with various projects.
Meet with the client to review and assist in the development and implementation of a direct mail program.
Advise the client on a technical basis, including forms, data processing and postal regulations.
Ensure the coordination of any printing with graphic services; data processing/laser printing with the data center; scheduling and lettershop instructions with production.
Coordinate all information with the sales person and Directors.
Lead and train other account services employees in all aspects of direct mail to ensure the proper performance of the following functions, as required:
Support an environment that encourages creativity, initiative, teamwork and promotes professional and company growth.
- Schedule jobs into the system and update any changes, and inform all pertinent parties.
- Coordinate receipt of materials.
- Responsible for all sign-offs with client.
- Coordinate client visits.
- Ensure postage monies are correct and received before mailing.
- Update quote and correspondence with the client.
- Responsible for management of timely lettershop instructions.
- Advise client on any technical difficulties with a mailing.
- Ensure all inventory is reported to the client and action is taken.
- Ensure accurate management of programs.
- Four-year college degree plus 5-7 years in the direct mail or related industry, or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years in a leadership position
- Experience in data processing, customer service, marketing and printing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of laser printers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Training skills
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Data processing skills to include merge/purge, list maintenance, laser printing
- Ability to schedule and coordinate interdepartmental processes to include customer service, strong data processing skills, scheduling and print room
- Team leadership skills
- Time management proficiency
- Decision making skills
- Problem resolution ability
- Lettershop skills, to include inserting, bindery, mail processing and postal regulations
- Ability to handle stressful situations with professionalism and tact
- Flexibility to work extended hours on short or no notice
Data-Mail Inc - 14 months ago