Doka is one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork solutions for use in all fields of the construction sector. The Doka Group is a company of the Umdasch Group and employs more than 6,000 people in over 70 countries.
Summary Of Position
The Account Manager will develop and maintain a sales territory consisting of a defined sales goal, which may be subject to change. He/she will be accountable for retaining existing accounts and growing business while maintaining strong and trusting partnerships with customers. He/she will be a strategic partner in expanding Doka USA’s presence within the designated territory ( Western Ohio and Michigan ) and will be accountable for maximizing sales that broaden Doka USA’s position in the market.
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions
- Identify potential customers and make cold calls that result in meetings and convert prospects into actual sales.
- Develop both new and existing accounts and expand business through face-to-face contact with the customers.
- Maintains a customer/prospect database that contains the names, addresses and actual phone numbers of actual and prospective accounts as well as all of the names of the officers and key office and field personnel that represent these customer/prospects. Regularly uses and maintains customer/prospect database (Victori).
- Communicates clearly and collaborates with engineering, as required, to insure accurate proposals.
- Prepares proposals and obtains appropriate managerial approval.
- Drafts final proposals, insuring management approval and customer signatures are obtained.
- Presents proposals while selling the features and benefits of our products to close sales.
- Partners with engineering for jobs under contract and obtains approved drawings.
- Conducts regularly scheduled job site service visits instructing the workers in the proper and safe utilization of equipment thereby shortening their learning curve. Insures that the customer is satisfied with the equipment and the production he/she is obtaining and insures proper recording and coordination of shipments and returns.
- Entertains customers as required and as appropriate, in compliance with published company entertainment and expense guidelines.
- Accountable for all credit interactions with the customer including obtaining contractor approval of invoices, making adjustments through credit requests and insuring prompt payment, as well as preparing and distributing monthly account status reports. Additionally, he/she settles accounts as soon as possible after the last major return of a project regarding lost material, damaged product, cleaning, freight and final returns.
- Timely and accurately completes weekly sales reports and provides information as needed for backlog and sales projections.
- Visits job sites as required.
- Handles special projects as assigned including participating in company committees/teams.
- Continually builds product knowledge.
- Assists in ensuring safe working practices and a safe working environment.
- Conducts day-to-day business related activities in compliance with all Sales, Engineering, and national policies, procedures and business practices.
- Some overnight travel as required. Additionally, he/she may be called upon to make sales or service calls outside of the designated territory as needed.
- Collaborates with the Area Manager insuring company and branch sales initiatives are aligned and achieved.
- High School Graduate.
- Bachelor Degree with a concentration in Business, Engineering or Construction preferred.
- 5-7 years sales/account management experience required. Previous experience within the concrete forming industry a plus.
- Consistently handles confidential information with the highest level of integrity and delivers the highest standards of service to customers.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization, follow-up and negotiation skills along with a strong numerical aptitude required.
- Effectively manages multiple tasks and handles all responsibilities with a strong sense of urgency.
- Takes initiative, manages time effectively, and manages and adjusts priorities based on business demands.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and its marketplace .
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints .
- Excellent communication skills including an excellent command of English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and effective selling and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency using Microsoft Office applications, (Word, Excel and Power Point). Working knowledge of Lotus Notes a plus.
- Willing and able to learn new computer systems, products, concepts and techniques as well as an eagerness to keep abreast of customer, industry and competitor developments.
- Self-motivated, assertive, team player with a strong work ethic, able to work independently in a results-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Understands how the branch sales, business development activities and account management of Doka USA impact the corporation worldwide.
This position requires the ability to support the branch office and serve as a liaison to the customers and national sales function resolving issues at times on short notice with minimal information.
Extensive daily interaction with colleagues, management and customers. Consistently delivers high standards of customer service and communicates effectively.
Must be able to create and give sales presentations to potential customers concerning his/her qualifications and experience level, the company’s history and experience and the features and benefits of the products we sell.
This position requires the ability to think strategically. Position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to be organized and manage time to meet sales objectives and deadlines.
Working conditions vary from that of an office environment: dry, cool, well lighted, to outside conditions (equipment yard or job site), high noise level in certain areas, extreme outdoor temperatures.
We offer terrific career opportunities, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and an exciting opportunity to join “The Formwork Experts" as an Account Manager servicing our Western Ohio and Michigan territory.
If joining an industry leader excites you, please submit your resume with salary history and requirements by clicking the “ Apply Now " button.
Visit us on-line at www.dokausa.com for additional information on Doka USA, Ltd.
A company of the Umdasch Group