Position: Account Manager / Recruiter
Location: Silver Spring, MD 20910
Type: Full-Time Position
The majority of SDSE’s success since inception in 2004 has been within federal government contracting. As we continue to grow, so do the services we offer to meet our customers' needs. We have recognized strong demand for recruiting and staffing services as a subcontractor for post award federal government work. This new position will include account management (70%) and recruiting (30%) responsibilities to support this growing part of SDSE's business.
- Account management and business development responsibilities; sourcing, initial client qualification, identifying potential end-users/decision-makers, establishing contact relationships, completing company and department profiles, candidate marketing, scheduling new client visits, maintaining strong relationships with current clients, etc.
- Recruiting responsibilities; identify, source, and recruit qualified candidates for diverse roles in information technology, engineering, finance/accounting, administrative support, HR, project/program management, business operations, etc.
- Recruit and interview prospective candidates on the phone and in-person.
- Utilize federal market intelligence and business development tools (such as GovWin, Deltek, etc.) for lead generation.
- Developing value-driven presentations for delivery during client visits.
- Regularly contacting existing and potential clients to identify new business opportunities.
- Advising clients on staffing solutions.
- Facilitating development of professional service agreements (including negotiating terms when necessary) between SDSE and clients.
- Actively promoting SDSE’s services through participation in professional associations, trade shows, and other public relations and networking opportunities.
- Become an ambassador of SDSE, as often the first and sole point of contact for candidates and the general public.
- Utilize a number of diverse recruiting tools to identify potential candidates, including internal databases, job boards, resume databases, social media, professional networking, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 3-6 years of experience within recruiting and/or staffing account management is required.
- A concrete understanding of government contracting and the public sector procurement process.
- Prior experience in the staffing/recruiting industry is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of federal market intelligence and business development tools (such as Deltek, GovWin, etc.) is preferred, but not required.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must have effective problem solving and project management skills, a proactive and resourceful disposition, and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, focused on transparency, accountability, cooperation, and communication.
SDSE is an 8(a) Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in the Washington DC metro area with offices nationwide and about 300 employees. SDSE provides award-winning professional services that deliver effective, cost conscious solutions while adhering to strict standards of quality to ensure mission success. We deploy a responsive, flexible, and innovative approach to achieve the needs and goals of our clients and pride ourselves on the support we provide our employees to be successful. SDSE has a proven record of enhancing government and business operations within the core competencies of: Management & Business Support Services, Information Technology, Administrative & Facilities Management, and Engineering Services.
SDSE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and believes that diversity in the workplace is key to the success of a growing business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.
SDSE - 12 months ago