Account Manager – GM Global Business (with International Assignment)
This position will be responsible for maintaining and growing General Motors Global business for ZF accounts. The position will be based in Northville, Michigan at ZF’s North American Headquarters and Technical Center. This position includes an international assignment in Schweinfurt, Germany for a period of three years for training and business development. Upon completion of the international assignment, the candidate would return to ZF North American Headquarters.
- Overseas would report to the Global Key Account Manager (GKAM), with office located in Schweinfurt, Germany
- Participate in developing the strategic directions of the ZF CT GM business
- Experienced in negotiations / feel comfortable to steer the customer towards the agreed internal ZF CT goals
- Investigate new opportunities for passenger cars suspension products.
- Support information needs by providing regional profiles and activity status.
- Develop General Motors/Opel requests for quotation preparation work and provide final response documents for programs.
- Travel to the customer as needed to build relationship and support business.
- Participate in future program development and manufacturing introductions.
- Introduce new technologies (CDC) by understanding the customer needs.
- Pursue open financial topics until closed and prevent future issues.
- Improve Division profitability levels with close product cost monitoring.
- Support/coordinate Manufacturing, Engineering and Quality issues as needed.
- Interface globally with other ZF Regions as required for quotation purposes.
- Present Corporate and product overviews to potential customers.
- Coordinate annual Business Plan and Forecast planning.
- Strong financial analysis capability required for cost evaluations and quotations.
- Understand the competitions’ issues and develop conquest business leads.
Are you interested?
- Engineering Degree or Equivalent required (MBA).
- Must be willing to re-locate to Germany for a period of two to three years.
- Knowledge of the General Motors Business Practices preferred.
- Product knowledge of shock absorbers and industry desired.
- German language skills would be a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Please, send us your complete and comprehensive application documents and a CV (in tabular form), qualification and work certificates, state the reference code - or apply online!