Looking for a Global Team with Local Focus?
A company that’s great to work for?
By joining ALSTOM, you can combine your professional ambitions
with your personal development.
Alstom is a global leader in power generation with a portfolio covering all fuel types. From fossil and biomass to nuclear and renewables, close to
25% of the world’s power production capacity
depends on Alstom technology and services. Alstom is a leader in design, innovation, manufacture and construction of
air quality control systems
decades of experience providing equipment for major industries
. We remain the leading supplier and innovator of pulverizers for industrial mineral operations. Whatever your field of industry, Alstom can help you meet power demands, improve water and power cost efficiencies, reduce emissions and recover waste heat.
We welcome you to apply for the following opportunity for an
Account Manager – Industrial Products for our House Accounts department
within the Boiler Area Center (BAC) organization in Thermal Power. The position is
and will be for assigned regional customers (plants) with a preference to be located in an Alstom field office with other Alstom Power key personnel, including the Account Management Team.
As the Account Manager you are responsible for managing Industrial Market customers regarding replacement parts and components, promote rebuilds and refurbishment of equipment for overhauls and outage planning. Specifically, you will drive Industrial Growth Initiatives maximizing internal resources as necessary to manage day to day material parts supply and services according to customer expectations. In addition, you will mitigate associated risk by integrating Alstom’s complete service offering for outage support as well as assist customers in prioritizing and evaluating quote and proposal offerings to insure scope clarity. Review and follow-up on parts identified in field inspection reports is necessary. In some cases, you will act as a project manager for projects associated with assigned customer accounts for the Boiler Area Center (BAC) business.
Principle Accountabilities OR Responsibilities
- Responsible for boiler and related equipment parts/services business and outage planning on all assigned plants.
- Coordinate proposal and order execution in conjunction with assigned Parts Service Specialists (PA’s) and Customer Service Representatives (CSR’s).
- Participate in customer risk review strategy meetings with Windsor based Product/Project Management as necessary.
- Support customers in prioritizing and evaluating replacement part needs based on customer maintenance and operational needs and pain points.
- Assist in Non-conformance parts documentation and resolution.
- Responsible for identifying and developing new customer opportunities.
- Provide SSM (Sales Service Manager) and GPS (Global Power Sales) with detailed parts support including direct interface with customers.
- Identify product development ideas based on customer/field needs and product cost reduction initiatives.
- Support marketing and promotional activities at assigned plants, such as customer events or on-site promotional activities.
- Drive opportunities into the BAC operations and support Go/No Go decision-making for key opportunities.
- Support the activities of Program Managers as required to review, analyze and develop equipment/parts selections for customer programs. Duties include site scope activities and engineering interface.
- Coordinate quote efforts with assigned Customer Service Representative.
- Provide Market information to the various product groups within the Boiler Area Center including, but not limited to competitor intelligence and market pricing.
- Must be able to work independently while being deployed in the field. Communication of customer needs and paint points back to the Windsor-based operations center.
- Manage the demands of the customer operations, Boiler Area Center, Alstom account teams (including GPS, SSM, CSR, Technical Services, Turbine operations)
- Maintain relationships across a wide range of customer plant operations personnel, including plant management, operation and maintenance personnel, purchasing and planning.
- Time management during outage seasons (Fall and Spring) to effectively deliver exceptional service to the customer.
- Estimated 50 – 75% travel for on-site business development activities.
We provide equal opportunity employment consideration to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or veteran's status. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes, competitive medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, vacation and holidays. It also includes a comprehensive 401(k) plan including company match, plus company contributions of 4% to 7% of eligible compensation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related field preferred.
- 8 -10 years of experience in sales, business development or a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments in the Industrial Power Plant Industry.
- Solid technical knowledge about Industrial boilers and related products required.
- Basic financial skills, commercially savvy, verbal and presentation skills, account planning.
- Experience with Microsoft Workplace, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proven presentation skills across a diverse audience, mostly plant-level personnel including plant manager, purchasing, planners, maintenance and operations supervisors.
- Lead as well as successfully function in an account team environment, with the ability to function within both the commercial and technical aspects of the business.
Through the development of advanced public transport, cleaner electric power production and global transmission solutions, Alstom employees in more than 70 countries are helping to address some of the key issues that face this planet today. If you are looking for a world of economic, social and environmental change, look no further. As a leading global player in power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure we suggest it's time to act and think of the future. Your future.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act,
Alstom is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
Alstom is a Drug free Workplace
Thermal Services | Thermal Services
ALSTOM - 13 months ago
Alstom is all about speed and power. Alstom's Power segment is a world leader, providing boilers, turbines, air quality systems,...