Midwest Account Manager – McGraw-Hill Construction
The purpose of the job is to sell the Sweets service to architectural building product manufactures. Sweets, the world’s largest and most widely used source of architectural product information is looking for a seasoned sales professional to help take advantage of the growing demand for metric driven marketing solutions in the architectural building product market. This position will be responsible for calling on architectural building product manufacturers and reintroducing them to a brand that has made a dramatic shift from a 100+ year old print publication to an online vertical search engine that delivers high impact targeted marketing and high level analysis of client marketing programs. SNAP is the official magazine of Sweets and is delivered to active design professionals quarterly. This position is responsible for aggressively selling the marketing capabilities of McGraw-Hill Construction in conjunction with the Sweets service.
Sweets operates in the highly competitive marketplace of digital media. The essential accountability of this job is to aggressively position Sweets against traditional, new and future competition.
- Secure appointments and create and customize presentations tailored to each customer or prospect based on appropriate Sweets and SNAP solutions.
- Develop relationships with senior sales and marketing executives at assigned accounts within the region. Contact each account quarterly to review ROI.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals through timely renewals, increased business and new account acquisition
- Maintain Pipeline and Forecast of all Opportunities in Siebel and provide required reports as needed
- Ability to move prospects quickly through the sales pipeline
- Be part of a sales and product team that is responsible for providing feedback that will inform product development for Sweets and SNAP
- Attend internal meetings as required
- Completing other administrative duties as required
- Excellent and proven time and territory management skills
- An strong understanding of digital media and experience selling in a highly competitive market
- Knowledge of the architectural building product market and/or an understanding of the B2B selling environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to prospect and develop opportunities for new business
- Successful and quantifiable ability to communicate and sell digital B@B media value proposition
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Experience with Siebel CRM or other CRM
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time within territory
Regular full-time employees of The McGraw-Hill Companies routinely receive the following benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
About the Company
is North America's leading provider of project and product information, plans and specifications, and industry news, trends and forecasts . McGraw-Hill Construction serves more than one million customers within the global construction community, connecting people, projects and products across the construction industry through Dodge, Sweets, Architectural Record, Engineering News-Record, GreenSource, and regional publications. In print, online, and through events, MHC offers a variety of tools, applications, and resources that embed in the workflow of our customers.
Working at McGraw-Hill Construction, a division of McGraw-Hill Financial, you’ll be at the nexus of an industry that helps shape the world we live in. From the importance of rebuilding of cities and countries after natural disasters to the implications of green design and construction techniques, we’re embedded in every aspect of the industry. Working for McGraw-Hill Construction means you’ll provide people with the information and intelligence they need to be more productive, successful, and competitive.
The McGraw-Hill Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
Commodities & Commercial Markets
McGraw Hill Financial - 11 months ago
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....