Position: Account Manager - Staffing Services
Location: Silver Spring, MD 20910
Type: Full-Time Position
Compensation: Competitive base salary + bonus(es)/commission
The majority of SDSE’s experience and success has been within federal government contracting. However, we are also seeking to diversify our customer portfolio to include more commercial clients, as well as increased post award subcontracting work, primarily in regards to providing staff augmentation services. This position will include business development and account management responsibilities to grow this relatively new side of our business.
As an Account Manager, you are the face of SDSE. You will use the SDSE process of recruitment to implement relationship management techniques to find new accounts in need of staffing solutions. You will work closely with the recruitment team to help them understand your clients’ needs and requirements. Your primary role will be to work both inside and outside the office to identify new clients, maintain existing business relationships, and match candidate talent with client needs.
- Engaging in client development activities. Activities include but are not limited to: sourcing, initial client qualification, identifying potential end-users/decision-makers, establishing contact relationships, completing company and department profiles, candidate marketing, identifying cross-selling opportunities, identifying national/third party/vendor on premise opportunities, and scheduling and conducting new client visits.
- Account management responsibilities and maintaining strong relationships with current clients.
- Developing value-driven presentations for delivery during the client visit.
- Regularly calling on prospective clients at client locations to obtain and/or close agreements for services.
- Regularly calling on existing clients to identify new hiring managers at client locations to obtain and/or close agreements for services.
- Establishing client expectations and effectively communicating to appropriate parties.
- Advising clients on staffing solutions.
- Facilitating development of professional service agreements (including negotiating terms when necessary) between SDSE and clients.
- Actively promoting SDSE’s services through participation in professional associations, trade shows, and other public relations opportunities.
- Prior account management or business development experience in regards to staff augmentation or the staffing/recruiting industry is required.
- 4+ years of experience within account management or business development.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must have effective problem solving and project management skills, a proactive and resourceful disposition, and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, focused on transparency, accountability, cooperation, and communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; can substitute years of relevant experience.
SDSE is an 8(a) Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in the Washington DC metro area with offices nationwide and about 300 employees. SDSE is an award-winning professional services firm with a proven record of enhancing government and business operations; delivering effective, cost conscious solutions while adhering to strict standards of quality to ensure mission success. Core competencies include Management & Business Support Services, Information Technology, Administrative & Facilities Management, and Engineering Services. We deploy a responsive, flexible, and innovative approach to achieve the needs and goals of our clients and pride ourselves on the support we provide our employees to be successful.
SDSE is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
SDSE - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard