Join our high visibility, high impact team in the San Francisco Bay area!
Molex is seeking an experienced Account Manager for a high priority, Tier One account in the Bay area. You will manage an assigned segment of this account with the primary objective of growing profitable Molex revenue within it by creating new demands and seeking out existing business. This position will be the primary interface between the customers and Molex, and be responsible for educating these customers on the value Molex brings to their companies.
In return for your creativity, commitment, exceptional communication skills and expertise in the electronics / connector industry, we offer not only a competitive base, top benefits and a lucrative commission plan, but more importantly, long term prospects and unlimited opportunities to grow and develop your career in virtually any function or geography which is of interest to you.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage assigned account segment to achieve or surpass assigned revenue budgets and
to achieve or surpass assigned CRM demand creation pipeline goals.
2. Maintain complete, up-to-date, and accurate CRM database.
3. Track and coordinate demand creation business transitioned to other parts of the world to assure Molex captures this business.
4. Find desirable revenue opportunities and present to Business Units for necessary support.
5. Continuous development of technical product skills to effectively sell a wide breadth of Molex offerings.
6. Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
REQUIRED: 4 year college degree
PREFERRED: 4 year technical degree,(BSME, BSEE, etc.). An MBA is also a desirable asset, as this is a growth position. The position is currently open due to the promotion of the individual who held this role.
REQUIRED: 3 - 5 years similar Sales or Account Management position with another electronics company.
PREFERRED: Extensive background in connector sales in Tier One account base.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• A sound understanding of the electronics industry.
• Ability to understand customer needs and effectively sell solutions to both the customer and supporting Molex Business Unit.
• Ability to effectively build strategic customer and distributor relationships across a broad span of roles to maximize Molex’s ability to win business.
• Ability to influence others both within Molex and at the customer base.
• Ability to self-motivate to successfully manage and prioritize own workload with minimal direct supervision.
• Project a professional and credible image, well respected in the marketplace with the ability to communicate effectively via e-mail, phone and face-to-face.
• Proficient use of MS Office 2007.
• Established relationships with existing account base.
• Specific knowledge of the Connector industry.
• A strong aptitude for understanding electronic systems and the value Molex products bring to the customer.
Milpitas, CA 95035
That socket you slide your SD or SIM card into? It might have come from Molex. The company is one of the world's largest makers of...