To support the Client Services Team by delivering client satisfaction through the building and execution of a competitive and creative media product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Administration of Account
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of assigned clients including detailed category, product knowledge and competitive landscape.
• Work closely with buying team members
• Development and approval of all internal media briefing documents.
• Development and presentation of all media plans. Plans will have depth and texture in terms of tactical and executable strategies.
• Involve Account Director and/or Senior Management on strategic directions and include them as required in the client service structure.
• Communicate client’s approved media requirements (from media plan) to pertinent team members in a timely manner to ensure a high degree of client satisfaction and utilization of PHD portfolio inventory.
• Communicate client changes to team members to ensure consistency.
• Liaise between clients, internal PHD departments (traffic, accounting, etc.), agency partners and other PHD partners.
• Advise the Account Director of account activity through verbal communication and issuance of weekly status reports
• Ensure billing process is completed on time and is accurate and within approved budget.
• Oversee all aspects of all media opportunities within the planning process through to final execution. This will include research, possible negotiation, contract development and detailed follow-up with appropriate team members.
• Access appropriate media research reports evaluate/analyze media opportunities and make recommendations to clients. This involves fielding solicitations from outside media sources and determining whether or not their specific ideas/proposals merit recommendations to the client.
• Lead or organize creative media development sessions
• Document plan executions including results.
• Prepare in conjunction with Buying Account Manager timely, relevant and meaningful pre and post buy reports
• Contribute to an annual performance and salary review of each appropriate member of the group using standardized performance evaluation procedures
• Provide PHD representation in problem resolution with clients, suppliers and internal departments.
• Motivate team members to produce media work of the highest caliber and foster a productive work environment
• Provide leadership, motivation and coaching to team members on a regular basis
• Attend industry functions/seminars as necessary.
• Actively participate in all PHD meetings as required.
• Create and encourage team spirit and the observance of PHD CANADA values
• Prepare bi-weekly time sheets and monthly expense reports.
• Authority to make plan recommendations, buying and maintenance decisions within specified parameters
Confidentiality & Contacts:
• Maintain confidentiality of client information.
• Communicates with client on a regular basis. Ongoing contact with Buying Account Managers and other department members to communicate client changes and requirements. Frequent interaction with internal PHD departments, agency partners and other PHD partners.
• No direct reports however may be required to provide guidance and training to Assistant Account Managers (approx. 1 – 6) and other junior members of the team.
Knowledge and Skills Required
• College/University Degree an asset
• Minimum 1-2 years of media planning and buying or equivalent experience.
• Solid understanding of all major Canadian media including digital
• Excellent time management skills required. This includes leadership and team building
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Proven team player.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong PC skills required (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
PHD Network - 11 months ago