- Identify prospects in the assigned territory, qualify the sales needs/opportunities, prescribe tailored solutions, successfully manage the sales cycles—including proof of concept—and close sales. Consistently meet or exceed quarterly sales goals.
- Aggressively develop and manage the major account relationships, seeking deeper account penetration and tighter customer engagement.
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales Specialists to implement lead generation and prospecting campaigns. Consistently maintain a sufficient pipeline cover.
- Proactively collaborate with Product Marketing, Forecasting and R&D to achieve the territory’s strategic objectives.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive territory sales plan, and conduct quarterly reviews that report on the team’s progress against plan.
- Attend and support trade events and WSI-sponsored symposiums & seminars, with an aim to gather market intelligence and identify/develop new sales opportunities.
- Actively provide feedback to Management on the competitive landscape, market trends, and other relevant market data.
- 30-40% travel
- Bachelor's degree required, focus in Meteorology or related sciences preferred, Energy experience a plus.
- 3 – 5+ years sales experience
- Successful track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Knowledge of and experience in selling weather-driven business solutions and/or selling to Energy trading, utility or banking customers
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to learn and present technical products & services in a clear and compelling manner to prospective clients
- Familiarity with Solution Selling or other consultative selling methodologies
- Entrepreneurial spirit, highly motivated, action- and goal-oriented
- Strong teamwork, track record of effectively collaborating with technical pre-sales teams
- Strategic, critical thinker
WSI is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, the presence of non-job related medical condition or handicap, or any legally protected status.
Please, email your resume, cover letter, salary expectations to email@example.com . Please, put code: EAM - 10 in the subject line.
- 2 years ago - save job