Reporting to the Senior Manager – Office Coffee, and working collaboratively with other Office Coffee team members as well as with the Director of Wholesale and Licensing, the Account Manager is responsible for developing significant new business in the territory by securing new accounts and managing for growth the existing business. The Account Manager will need to build strong training and support relationships with the accounts and master distributors to ensure alignment with Peet’s broader business goals. Accounts include office coffee, vending, and refreshment service providers and distributors. The ideal candidate would be based in the New York City area.
· Targets and secures new office coffee business within the assigned Northeast territory which includes New York State and New Jersey north through New England, west to Pennsylvania, in achieving sales and profit targets. Key markets include New York City, suburban New Jersey and Boston.
· Manages both new business and existing accounts, providing customer support, developing and executing marketing programs, volume incentive programs, and ensuring quality and training needs are met.
· Works collaboratively with Master Distributor partners to ensure needs of service providers are fully met.
· Works collaboratively with other Office Coffee account managers to manage existing office coffee relationships (within and outside of assigned territory).
· Develops and maintains training tools, ordering tools, and product information sheets.
· Maintains detailed files for each account including sales data, rebate data, contact person(s), pricing, and profitability objectives.
· Works collaboratively with Customer Service and roasting plant personnel to ensure efficient fulfillment of orders. Ensures on-going communication with Home Office/Operations about account activity.
· Works collaboratively with other Peet’s channels and functions (e.g., Foodservice, licensing, Home Delivery, retail marketing) to help achieve the company’s cross-channel initiatives.
· Stays informed as to industry trends through applicable trade organizations and industry journals.
· Participate in regional and national trade shows and assist other office coffee Account Managers with such events as necessary.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Manager – Office Coffee.
· Five years’ related outside sales experience selling to the OCS or Foodservice channels
· Knowledge of existing and target accounts within territory
· Consultative sales skills
· Strong initiative, motivation and self-management skills
· Superb customer service skills
· Specialty coffee and tea experience a plus
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong Word and Excel computer skills
· Willingness to travel regularly throughout territory and occasionally nationally as necessary
Peet's Coffee & Tea enjoys the daily grind. The company owns and operates about 195 coffee shops in California and half a dozen...