More than 4,450 professionals at Lockton provide 15,000 clients around the world with risk management, insurance, and employee benefits consulting services that improve their businesses. From its founding in 1966 in Kansas City, Missouri, Lockton has attracted entrepreneurial professionals who have driven its growth to become the largest privately held insurance broker in the world and 9th largest overall . Independent researcher Greenwich Associates awarded Lockton its 2011 Service Excellence Award for risk management for large companies. For four consecutive years, Business Insurance has recognized Lockton as a " Best Place to Work in Insurance ." To see the latest insights from Lockton’s experts, check Lockton Market Update .
Lockton is known throughout the insurance industry as an entrepreneurial, progressive and successful insurance broker. As a result of continued individual and group accomplishments, Lockton has a record of steady and substantial growth. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, Lockton is interested in hearing from you.
General Duties Include:
- Primary service contact for assigned book of international benefits business, including placement and management of cross-border and local (non-US) benefit plans.
- Primary point of contact for Business Travel Accident plan design and placement.
- Liaison between clients, Lockton offices/affiliates/strategic partners and insurance vendors to effectively manage the design, placement and management of benefit plans.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with primary contacts and demonstrate "ownership" of accounts by responding to requests for service assistance with Lockton’s high standard of “WE LIVE SERVICE!”
- Support Lockton Benefit Company and the Lockton Global Benefits practice’s initiatives, including providing routine service for clients and local offices.
- Meet with customers as required.
- Design, implement and manage Cross-Border Benefit Plans (Expatriate, Business Travel Medical, Business Travel Accident):
- Conduct all marketing efforts as assigned by Director, which may include:
- Development of Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Coordinate vendor responses and follow-up, analyze vendor proposals
- Prepare client report with vendor recommendation
- Oversight of implementation
- Coordinate preparation and delivery of employee communication materials utilizing carrier and client information
- Review applicable agreements and/or employee documents
- Renewal negotiation and delivery to client
- Practice proactive follow-up on all outstanding issues by communicating status of each to the Director.
- Local National Plans (non-U.S. plans):
- Work with Lockton client teams and clients to understand their needs
- Maintain a working knowledge of country-specific standards to appropriately explain ways in which we can accommodate their needs
- Work with Lockton’s international offices, affiliates and strategic partners to provide appropriate solutions to client
- Manage each project by acting as a liaison between client, Lockton client team, and Lockton international offices, affiliates and strategic partners.
Lockton Companies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. As a privately held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great individuals. This includes health and dental coverage, which begins on your first day of work, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting, a competitive vacation plan and unrivaled career advancement opportunities.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a business related field and/or equivalent education and work experience.
- At least 2 years experience in the insurance industry, specifically in international benefit plans, or one to two years with Lockton in a benefits Account Manager role.
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to think intuitively and assertively
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to develop sound relationships with multiple clients
- Ability to interact with vendors effectively.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
- Excellent computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet expertise.
- Required insurance licenses or ability to obtain immediately.
- A firm working knowledge of health & welfare benefits with a clear understanding of risk and insurance concepts.
- Good working knowledge of differing plan arrangements and products available to clients with international benefits needs.
- Basic working knowledge of regulatory requirements and legal issues related to the insurance industry.
- Ability to travel 10-15%
- Preferred Skills/Knowledge
- Experience working or living abroad
- Industry certification such as CEBS, IFEBP, GPHR, World@Work
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE** Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.