Job Category: Software Engineering: Program Management
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 824492-102224
Division: Interactive Entertainment Business
The 3rd Party Publishing team is looking for the best candidate to manage critical game publishing partners to drive the top to bottom relationships, and secure content for Microsoft’s gaming platforms. As the publishers’ primary point of contact and the global owner of the partnership at Microsoft, you will ultimately be responsible for managing all aspects of the gaming business and relationship.
The 3rd Party Account Manager will act as the day to day contact within Microsoft for their assigned publisher partners and will leverage the resources available (developer support, marketing, LIVE, business development, subsidiary offices, etc.) to ensure that the best possible games with the most comprehensive feature set and add-on content are released. The job responsibilities also include fully understanding the publisher’s business objectives and how best to apply those to maximize return to both the publisher and Microsoft.
Understand and work within the structure and culture of the partner to directly and indirectly influence their business decisions; technical proficiency to evangelize various gaming technologies and platforms; coordinate all aspects of the relationship with the publisher and orchestrate the different resources available within IEB and Microsoft to win the publishers’ mind; balance the publisher's business and goals while keeping the priorities of Microsoft firmly in mind; administer the terms and conditions of agreements; run monthly internal and external business reviews.
Work with publishers and developers to maximize sales of games and content, driving revenue growth year on year, evangelize Microsoft gaming initiatives, secure content for Microsoft’s gaming platforms, encourage and promote publishers to support Kinect and LIVE; drive cross group collaboration within Microsoft to help support your publishers and their products, maximize the publishers’ general satisfaction level in their partnership with Microsoft, work closely with the portfolio team to ensure that a diverse range of content is available, evangelize your publisher internally to help ensure future design decisions.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience within PC, mobile and console gaming/entertainment industry required
- Excellent experience in supporting diverse external customers or partners, strong business acumen
- A self-starter with exceptional communication skills, business analysis experience and experience with strategic planning
- In-depth working knowledge of video game industry, companies and history
- Experience of game design and production
- Basic technical knowledge of graphics, audio, and networking a plus
- World-class relationship management skills
- Excellent communication skills including some public speaking
- Strong customer orientation and ability to deliver outstanding customer service
- Passionate about driving business success, tenacious about securing content for Microsoft’s gaming platforms
- Ability to inspire through all forms of communication, negotiate or mediate disagreements competently, staying focused on the situation rather than emotions when delivering complex and sometimes difficult messages, and work well under pressure
- You must be a problem solver, have proven experience with impact and influence and be extremely organized as you will potentially be working with hundreds of pieces of content simultaneously
Microsoft - 13 months ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...