Establish Gregory Poole Cleaning Equipment as the preferred vendor and distributor of choice for sweeper/scrubber equipment/ service and related cleaning /chemical products that enhance safety and productivity in our customers' workplace. Establish and Maintain new customer base by aggressively representing Gregory Poole Equipment Company and the equipment and services we offer.
- Responsible for sales of new, used and rental cleaning equipment sales and services within a geographical area.
- Represent Gregory Poole Equipment Company, its products and services to all present and potential customers.
- Develop customer preference for Gregory Poole Equipment Company products and services in a manner consistent with the Gregory Poole Equipment Company mission statement.
- Maintain contact with existing customers to gain market awareness and increase Gregory Poole Equipment Company percentage of business.
- Identify new accounts through cold calling and following all sales leads.
- Prepare all necessary paperwork in an accurate and timely manner, including price reports, quotes, call reports, expense reports, worksheets and sales reports.
- Must utilize and maintain goldmine software for prospects customer interactions
- Attend sales and product training sessions.
- Conduct product application studies, develop functional specifications and perform project management as part of the sales cycle.
- Work with Credit/Finance Department to gather new account information and collect past due accounts.
- Promote good customer relations through efficient handling of problems and expeditiously responds to customer needs.
- Prepare oral and written quotations.
- Prepare weekly call reports to summarize previous week's activities and serve as a reminder for future call backs.
- Use time wisely and maintain continuing customer and market awareness.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies related to our product mix and with current methods and philosophies of material handling.
- Assist management in preparation of sales projections.
- Participate in trade shows and special customer meetings.
- Maintain contact with architects and consultants to promote our products.
- Assist others in the Sales, Service, or parts Departments as needed.
- Loads, secures, transports, unloads, demonstrates, cleans, instructs for use and care of all equipment and chemicals as needed for pre and post sales activities.
- Operates a fork lift to load and unload chemical drums, totes, equipment and other products.
- Maintains an acceptable NC driving record for driving daily and transporting product with a company crew cab truck and gooseneck 25' trailer
- Will directly perform routine preventative maintenance, insure tires are timely rotated and changed and other operator care is conducted to maintain safe operations of the assigned company vehicle and trailer.
- Assists in maintaining warehouse cleanliness, organization and safety.
Four (4) year business/marketing or similar degree from an accredited college; or a high school graduate with off-setting years of outside accounts capital equipment sales experience
DESIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Should have at least one year of outside technical, industrial or capital equipment sales experience
- Must mentally be able to conduct daily and numerous deductive and inductive reasoning and problem solving contemplations and be able to conduct accurate mathematical business calculations
- Must be able to clearly, articulately, with focus and logic communicate in person, by phone and in writing with customers and fellow Associates
- Must have physical and mental stamina to regularly work 50 - 60 hours weekly and even more when needed to meet customer requests and expectations which could require working during 1st , 2nd and/or 3rd shifts and occasionally on weekends
- Must be able to perform and maintain daily physical exertion by bending, squatting and climbing under and onto equipment for loading, unloading and demonstrating
- Must be physically capable of lifting routinely and loading up to 50 pounds (i.e. chemical buckets), as well as, strapping and manually winching equipment and products tightly for hauling to customers
- Must be able to mount and dismount (approximately 2' height) regularly and frequently (sometimes several times daily) for operating a forklift to loading and unloading products
- Must be physically capable to maintain manually and routinely the assigned company vehicle and trailer such as changing the oil and oil filter and other fluids, regularly washing and vacuuming the vehicle and directly completing other minor repairs (replacing light bulbs, greasing fittings, changing wipers, etc.)
- Must be able to travel daily, usually by driving, for extended periods up to 10 hours with occasional overnight stays required; Must pass D.O.T Physical for driving a commercial vehicle.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign similar duties.
- Understands customer purchase motivations and sales cycle for preparing the bidding process for consultative sales
- Have strong time management skills
- Must have intermediate PC skills preferably in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have a valid appropriate state driver's license with acceptable driving record
Gregory Poole Equipment Company, dba Gregory Poole Lift Systems has been serving the material handling business in the Richmond area since...