Account Operations Specialist – Back Office Processing / Administration
This is a great opportunity for a highly organized person with an eye for accuracy to launch a fantastic career with an industry innovator. Your experience with back office operations (doctor office, legal firm, B2B, technology), accounting, billing, and/or similar environment which included account operations/management (customer account set-up, fulfillment, configuration, provisioning) will give you the foundation needed to succeed in this multi-faceted role.
When we gain a new customer this position will create a new account, configure the account parameters, onboard new users, send out welcome emails, set up reporting and back office tools, send billing information, and work with Sales on the coordination of launch activities, etc. This position is also responsible for other back office activities such as running periodic reports, processing charge-backs, audits, documentation etc.
The successful candidate will be very detail oriented, have outstanding data entry skills and be able to pick up new concepts and systems quickly. This role has many daily responsibilities but each account is different and requires different actions so a sharp eye and flexibility is absolutely required.
Based in our beautiful headquarters in Sebastopol, CA you will work closely with operations, sales, finance, and our product staff, as well as with publishers, customers and our business partners.
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB:
This role is critical to the success of Safari Books Online. You will have the opportunity to join a team that strives to provide world class products and support. This position also works cross-functionally across the enterprise so you will gain a wide breadth of knowledge and insight. We also offer an informal work atmosphere with plenty of growth opportunities.
Our team is a group of life-long learners. We encourage innovation, exploring the latest trends and love solving challenges. If this sounds like an environment and role in which you would thrive then please submit your resume for consideration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Account provisioning, on-boarding, and related account operations tasks.
- Account configuration analysis and reporting.
- Product fulfillment processing and support.
- Billing processing, auditing, and reporting.
- Other duties as defined by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Prior experience in an account operations, accounting, or similar role.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, and with a positive customer service aptitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good judgment, initiative, and ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Excellent problem solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in a variety of customer situations.
- Good technical understanding of and ability to learn new tools and software applications quickly.
- Ability to effectively manage priorities, and work in a self-directed manner.
- Creative, flexible, motivated, and innovative team player.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization and from various backgrounds.
Safari Books Online provides subscription-based training resources to thousands of professionals interested in learning about topics such as IT, software development, graphic design, business and professional development. The company offers services for individuals, businesses, government and libraries and sells both direct to users/groups and through resellers. For users, the advantages of our subscription model include:
For today’s leading publishers, Safari Books Online serves as an increasingly important sales channel, delivering usage-based royalties primarily through corporate and institutional sales to complement revenue in today’s competitive book-selling environment.
- Unlimited learning from 27,000+ books/videos from more than 100 leading publishers
- Synched access across virtually any platform, including PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android and other devices with a browser
- Always current content about the hottest topics, often available before physical books hit store shelves
- Tools to quickly find, organize, manage, and share the information in our library
Safari Books Online - 15 months ago