LoveJoy Rehabilitation Centers is a CARF Accredited non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and empowering adults with special needs through a person-centered, community integration approach to meeting their residential and rehabilitative needs. We operate 3 small licensed adult foster care homes for individuals with mental and developmental disabilities and a Supportive Living residential facility located in the Lansing and Detroit Metropolitan Areas.
We are seeking an experienced professional to join our progressive team and serve as a Part-time Accountant/Bookkeeper. The Accountant/Bookkeeper position is primarily responsible for the accuracy and recording of the financial records of LoveJoy Rehabilitation Centers which includes tracking the Organization’s accounts payable, accounts receivables, payments, billings, cash receipts, reconciliations, and other financial activities. Must understand basic accounting principles and have an aptitude for mathematics, experience working with QuickBooks accounting systems, and Microsoft Excel.
Summary of Duties:
- At the end of every month, prepare and send out all invoices (billings).
- Perform data entry into QuickBooks of all monthly billings and send out accounts receivable statements.
- Update Accounts Receivable subsidiary ledger, perform A/R research and reconciliations.
- Prepare and book all general ledger entries as necessary into QuickBooks.
- Review cash balances.
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecast report and review with CEO.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations. Review with CEO.
- Review monthly financial statements and other financial analysis with CEO. Make adjusting journal entries and close the books each month.
- Perform data entry of Accounts payable and accountants receivables into QuickBooks
- Manage expense reports and petty cash
- Perform quarterly audits of resident funds sheets, resident account sheets and EBT transactions
- Prepare annual operating budget
- Oversee monthly board of directors finance committee
- Bachelor’s or 2 year degree in Accounting or as a business major preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience with A/P, A/R, Billings and General Accounting.
- Minimum of 2 years of data entry experience with Accounting Systems like QuickBooks.
- Good Excel skills, attention to detail, problem solving, time management & strong communication skills.
- Medical Billing experience preferred
Location: Lansing, MI
Indeed - 13 months ago
LoveJoy Rehabilitation Centers is a CARF Accredited non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and empowering adults with special...