Skilled accounting professional / analyst to support audit readiness activities for the Statement of Budgetary Resources (SBR) at the Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC). Possesses the ability to interact with all levels of leadership as well as multi-task several challenging tasks in a rapidly evolving environment. Individual must possess strategic and critical thinking skills and must be self-motivated and be comfortable working in both a team environment and independently.
· Experience analyzing USSGL accounts, specifically data mining for abnormal transactions
· Familiarity with Propriety and Budgetary Financial Statements
· Industry knowledge of the DoD FIAR Guidance and Methodology
· Experience with the development of test plans, execution of tests of internal controls and analysis of the effectiveness of control activities
· Experience performing transaction-level reconciliations between financial statements and accounting systems of record
· Ability to use Excel to manipulate and analyze large volumes of transactional data
· Experience performing substantive testing procedures for various USSGL accounts relative to the SBR
· Preparation of interim work products and deliverables in accordance with the DoD FIAR Guidance to include the Financial Improvement Plan
· Strong writing skills to facilitate the documentation of process narratives and standard operating procedures
· Ability to apply knowledge of OMB A-123 to perform control testing, conduct assessments of operating effectiveness, and construct mitigating controls to remediate the deficiencies identified in testing
· Experience evaluating Notice of Findings and Recommendations and the subsequent development of Corrective Action Plans
· Preparation of audit ready assertion packages that meet the DoD FIAR Guidance requirements
· Ability to assess current system capabilities, analyze ICOFS requirements for audit compliance and provide recommendations for system functionality improvements
Education and Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance and three to six years of audit readiness support to DoD. Specific experience supporting DoD Audit Readiness activities for the SBR is preferred. Certifications preferred are CPA, PMP, CGFM, CPPM.
Since 1996, the AOC mission - to aggressively solve the business and technological challenges of our clients – is the core of our...