We Offer |
APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best. If you see yourself being part of a team that helps the global economy grow through our worldwide network of customers and terminals, then we want to hear from you!
- Compile and analyze financial information within IFS solution while ensuring accuracy and timeliness of reporting.
- Execute daily, weekly and monthly accounting activities to ensure proper workflow and recording of all financial transactions, including but not limited to G/L postings, accruals, reclassifications, etc.
- Extract, review, analyze and compile information from a variety of financial and non-financial systems, (ie, IFS, VBS, TOPS, COPS, EXCEL, as well as other various reporting tools.)
- Assist Corporate, Regional Office and Terminals with proper coding of Purchase Orders to accurately record expense.
- Assign coding to non purchase order expenses for all departments and assigned terminals.
- Assist terminals in gathering physical count of all fixed assets located on the terminals.
- Process, analyze and post monthly depreciation expense.
- Process and setup all fixed asset objects within IFS.
- Identify and communicate via written, verbal and graphical notations any financial variations and trends during review of Profit & Loss Statements, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Capital Expenditures, Accounts Receivables and other financial reporting tools within the IFS solution.
- Prepare and analyze financial reports in IFS for final publication including all fixed asset reporting.
- Advise and respond to inquires from corporate, regional and terminal management in regards to all financial data.
- Responsible for complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the resulting managerial statements and financial reports.
- Comply with all Federal, State, Local and International financial and legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Ensure all communications are handled timely, efficiently and professionally.
- Other financial duties as assigned by management.
Who we are looking for
Based in Charlotte, NC, the Finance Accountant is responsible for providing timely and accurate financial information to management by researching and analyzing financial data, preparing reports and making recommendations to management for all companies within the APMT NAM Region.
A.P. Moller - Maersk Group - 17 months ago