Becker Professional Education is a subsidiary of DeVry Inc. (NYSE: DV) and a global leader in professional education serving the accounting and finance professions. Its Becker CPA Review and Stalla Review for the CFA® Exams are the largest and longest-running review programs worldwide. Becker CPE provides world-class web-based and live in-house continuing professional education for accounting and finance professionals. Becker is also a Global Registered Education Provider with PMI providing the PMP® Exam Prep. Becker Professional Education serves more than 47,000 students annually with courses offered onsite, online and on CD. Throughout its 50+ year history, Becker has earned a strong track record of student success through superior teaching, curriculum and learning tools that enable our students to develop the knowledge and performance skills necessary to stay ahead in an ever-changing business world. For more about Becker's products, visit www.becker.com .
The Accountant is responsible for providing support to the Accounting Supervisor by assisting in the maintenance of accounts, records and financial reporting software. The Accountant’s primary duty is to process financial documents for areas such as the general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, etc. and to assist with other accounting functions as assigned. The Staff Accountant normally reports to an Accounting Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages, codes and analyzes invoices and other financial documents for the general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, etc.
- Assists with extracting and analyzing data to prepare monthly financial statements and comparative reports.
- Performs monthly account reconciliations and account analysis.
- Assists staff with accounting-related issues by researching discrepancies or policies.
- Recommends improvements to processes and procedures.
- Maintains required records, reports, and files in an organized manner.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures on manual and automated systems.
- General ledger analysis and reconciliation experience.
- Strong Excel skills a must.
- Knowledge and experience with Lawson software a plus.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously and meet critical deadlines.
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to assess and recommend new procedures and strategies.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic industry as a team player and adapts to a growing business environment.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.