Spectrum Workplace, a Herman Miller owned dealer, a preferred commercial furniture provider in the tri-sate area, has an exciting opportunity for an Accountant (Job #12224) for our King of Prussia, PA office.
Come check out what we are all about and the exciting things happening at Spectrum at www.spectrumworkplace.com
Conducts finance related activities in support of projects and functions of the business. Prepares more complex and detailed analyses and research to generate financial forecasts and projections. Responsible for the efficient processing, analysis and reporting of various accounting activities.
- Update key financial analysis and performance metrics to ensure a solid understanding of monthly, quarterly and year-end variances necessary for internal reporting.
- Assist in the preparation and review of Quarterly Financial Reports to be presented to Management.
- Prepare monthly detailed line-item P&L forecast.
- Perform various ad hoc projects including researching, analyzing and summarizing data/analysis requests.
- Researches variance to budget and forecast through detailed operational and financial metrics and explains results.*
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related business field
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in accounting
- Assertive, self-confident, self-starter
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment and to also work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent mathematical skills including the ability to perform accurate computations and analyze data
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong emphasis on listening skills
- Willingness to complete all requested/required training programs
- Sense of urgency and tenacity, and the ability to prioritize
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while managing multiple responsibilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent technology skills, including use of a computer and MS Office Suite, Internet and all internal software programs
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and business ethics
- Willingness to travel with notice
- Demonstrated commitment to professionalism, integrity and sound judgment in business transactions, while providing the highest level of customer satisfaction
- May require working beyond normal working hours in order to meet required deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following areas:
1. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
Other Responsibilities and Job Information:
This position, as part of the Accounting team, must work effectively with departmental and organizational peers and management to accomplish all stated goals/functions; employee must meet expectations and satisfy the needs of internal and external customers; employee serves as a key resource for departmental peers and acts as an intermediary between the Director of Finance and corporate (ODFS).
Interested candidates should apply directly through our applicant system at www.hermanmiller.com job #12224
Herman Miller Spectrum is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.*