Prepares external financial statements and related information in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) requirements
ITC Job Responsibilities
- Prepares GAAP, SEC, FERC, Employee Benefit Plan and various state jurisdictional financial statements and related supporting schedules in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Coordinates information requests from other employees to ensure timely receipt of information and that the information is prepared in accordance with GAAP, SEC or FERC requirements.
- Supports audits or reviews by external auditors, SEC or FERC, including issue resolution.
- Performs accounting for complex and technical items such as stock-based compensation, earnings per share calculations and equity transactions, segments reporting and purchase accounting for businesses acquired.
- Analyzes accounts to assure proper accounting of transactions; resolves any accounting issues.
- Prepares accounting research memos.
- Ensures compliance with current Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
ITC Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other business-related field.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in accounting required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of recent public accounting, accounting research or SEC reporting experience required.
- Utility accounting experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must have excellent communications skills (verbal and written), including the ability to convey complex information clearly, concisely and effectively to individuals at all levels in the organization and with external auditors.
- Possess sound analytical problem-solving skills to resolve complex accounting and related issues.
- Ability to research and analyze various types of data.
- Ability to work extended hours during peak periods to meet compliance driven deadlines.
ITC offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and more.
ITC EEOC Statement
ITC Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
ITC Holdings Corp. - 21 months ago