Prepare external financial statements and related information in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) requirements. Additionally, support the development, maintenance and enhancement of internal controls across the accounting department.
ITC Job Responsibilities
- Prepare GAAP, SEC, FERC, Employee Benefit Plan and various state jurisdictional financial statements and related supporting schedules in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Coordinate information requests from other employees to ensure timely receipt of information, detail review the supporting files and ensure the information is prepared in accordance with GAAP, SEC or FERC requirements.
- Prepare accounting research memos.
- Support audits or reviews by external auditors, SEC or FERC, including issue resolution.
- Perform accounting for complex and technical items such as stock-based compensation and equity transactions, purchase accounting for businesses acquired, segment reporting.
- Analyze accounts to assure proper accounting of transactions. Resolve any accounting issues.
- Partner with subject matter experts to coordinate annual internal controls requirements.
- Standardize and enhance internal controls across the accounting department including spreadsheet controls and account reconciliations
ITC Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in accounting.
- Minimum of two (2) years recent public accounting experience.
- Utility accounting experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel; Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey complex information clearly, concisely, and effectively to individuals at all levels in the organization and with internal and external auditors.
- Possess sound analytical problem-solving skills to resolve complex accounting and related issues.
- Ability to research and analyze various types of data.
- Ability to work extended hours during peak periods to meet compliance driven deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities as needed.
ITC offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and more.
ITC EEOC Statement
ITC Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
ITC Holdings Corp., through its Regulated Operating Subsidiaries, International Transmission Company (ITCTransmission), Michigan Electric...