Prepares and analyzes complex financial reports and financial information to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, and various projects. Work is performed by applying knowledge of accounting terminology and through the use of spreadsheets, database software and/or department specific applications.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to provide advice.
- Display advanced knowledge of workflow through the department and have basic understanding of other areas within the company.
- Comprehend chart of accounts and code entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Prepare analysis of expenditures and monthly report of operations.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Handle various account reconciliations, inter-company accounting, and financial statement preparation.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 1-3 years of experience in financial reporting.
- Advanced knowledge of professional accounting principles, theories, concepts and terms.
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheets, database software and the automated accounting system used in the department.
- Advanced knowledge of the structure, policies and operating details of the accounting system or segment thereof for which responsible.
- Ability to draw analogies form past experiences and other procedures and apply to current situations; identifies problems, considers pros and cons of possible solutions and offers viable solutions.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of specialized procedures and subject matter encountered in specific assignments.
- Ability to classify accounting transactions, maintain and reconcile accounts, close accounts and prepare reports and statements.
Preferred but not required:
- Ability to display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently. Works with minimal supervision. Demonstrates responsible behavior and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions. Aligns behavior with the needs, priorities and goals of the department and organization.
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrate excellent computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Fosters commitment and team spirit.
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management software.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE:CHK) is the second-largest producer of natural gas and the 11th largest producer of oil and natural gas...