Responsible for reconciling and analyzing fleet securitization reports, aggregate asset accounts, depreciation and cost adjustments, general ledger, balance sheet and other types of subledgers and financial accounts; calculating and preparing financial journal entries; classifying daily cash receipts; and preparing schedules and work papers as required by independent auditors.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Conduct research and analysis to determine the appropriate procedures to apply in resolving complex reconciliation issues, including Aggregate Asset Account and Market Value Analysis.
- Conduct analysis and perform calculations to prepare financial journal entries, to reconcile general ledger accounts, and to correct or adjust account balances.
- Prepare schedules and other work papers as required by independent auditors and management.
- Research financial information, problems and issues as requested by management, and prepare analyses and conclusions.
- Identify and classify cash received, report daily cash activity to the Treasury Department and perform related cash reconciliations, balancing and corrections to cash reports.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures and practices.
- Ability to work with detailed accounting and financial information.
- Skill and proficiency in the use of computer software programs, including spreadsheet, database and word processing applications, as required to perform financial analysis work. (Excel & Access)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with auditors and users of accounting information.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with mainframe (VAX) environment and the ability to translate information from mainframe to PC financial systems.
What's in it for you!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- At least two years related Accounting experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Competitive Health benefits, including a 401(k) plan;
- Employee Discount Program –Everything from Flowers to Movie Tickets, Automobiles, and Computers;
- The ability to drive your career forward – through our Manager in Training program;
- The chance to work for a company with Community Commitment: DTAG partners with Special Olympics, America Red Cross, & Habitat for Humanity among other organizations to give back to the communities where we live and work;
- Contribute to a team that believes in Value Every Time…for our customers, and for our employees
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, disability, medical condition or marital status or other protected status.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. maintains a Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace for all employees. Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment screening process, which includes a drug test and background check. Employees must maintain compliance with the Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace policy for the duration of employment.
Thank you for your interest in applying; we also encourage you to visit us at www.facebook.com/DollarThriftyCareers for other opportunities that meet your skills and qualifications.
STEP UP and Like Us today!
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. - 12 months ago
Thrifty drivers looking to get the most for a buck might try Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group (DTG), which rents cars under the Dollar Rent A...