The UW-Madison, Office of Human Resources, is currently recruiting for four (4) full-time Accountant-Journey permanent positions to work in the UW-Service Center. The UW-Service Center (SC) serves the entire UW System relating to the functional activities within the PeopleSoft (PS) Human Capital modules. These activities include the reconciliation, reporting and payments to multiple benefits vendors. There are over 71,000 individuals paid via the payroll encompassing over two billion dollars. For additional information on the Office of Human Resources: http://www.ohr.wisc.edu .
SALARY : Starting salary is between $45,990 and $75,884 depending upon qualifications, plus excellent benefits . This position is in pay schedule and pay range 07-03. A six-month probationary period will be required.
CONTACT: Julie Gau, firstname.lastname@example.org , 608-262-3806.
JOB DUTIES : The major responsibilities of the positions include:
Qualified applicants will have experience in interpreting/analyzing complex financial data, accounts, and system processes and knowledge/application of professional accounting theories and principles.
- Reconciliation, reporting, and payments to multiple benefits vendors
- Perform detailed auditing, testing, reconciliation, and payment validation within PS environments
- Develop standard "operational" business processing procedures relating to reconciliation, reporting and payments
JOB DESCRIPTION: For a complete position description, go to: http://go.wisc.edu/07507c .
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED :
- Working experience with interpreting and analyzing complex financial data, accounts, system processes
- Knowledge and application of professional accounting theories and principles
- Working knowledge and experience in the audit of financial and operation activities
- Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills
- Good organizational skills and experience in formal documentation
- Ability to collaboratively work in a team environment
- Excellent technology knowledge and skill set.
University of Wisconsin-Madison - 11 months ago