Electrolux North America, Inc., a $5 billion manufacturing and sales subsidiary of AB Electrolux, is seeking an experienced Accountant to handle a variety of accounting and reporting activities. The position reports to the Accounting Supervisor/ Manager, North America and is based in Charlotte, NC.
Key operational responsibilities
· Perform month-end close responsibilities and financial reporting accurately as assigned and in compliance with internal controls
· Provide frequent and timely support to various business partners throughout the organization including factory controllers
· Financial statement preparation and presentation along with variance analysis
· Drive process standardization and optimization across multiple entities
· Maintain general ledger chart of accounts in various systems and ensure all accounts are properly coded
· Develop understanding of month-end allocation process
· Participate in physical inventory counts at factory and RDC locations
· Prepare and analyze balance sheet account reconciliations
· Maintain reconciliation log
· Serve as primary contact for internal control testing for business partner
· Prepare information as needed for external auditors
· Perform other projects as assigned by the Accounting Supervisor/ Manager
Accounting Supervisor /Manager
Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required
Approximately 4-6 years experience in manufacturing industry required
Knowledge of Cost Accounting Principles
Attention to details
Strong Interpersonal Skills
Ability to work independently and efficiently
JD Edwards experience a plus
Advanced Excel Skill a plus
SQL query writing a plus
CPA, CMA or MBA preferred
The successful candidate must be comfortable working both independently and in a team environment, and must be able to work across functional boundaries. The ideal candidate will also possess a proactive work ethic including the ability and desire to take ownership of projects when identified. We are seeking a long-term promotable candidate who will quickly obtain the skills and experience necessary to take upon additional responsibilities.
Electrolux Home Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Electrolux is a global leader in household appliances and appliances for professional use, selling more than 40 million products to customers in more than 150 markets every year. The company focuses on innovative solutions that are thoughtfully designed, based on extensive consumer insight, to meet the real needs of consumers and professionals. Electrolux products include refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, air-conditioners and small appliances such as vacuum cleaners sold under esteemed brands like Electrolux, AEG, Eureka and Frigidaire. In 2012 Electrolux had sales of $16.3 billion and 58,000 employees. The Electrolux North American headquarters are located at 10200 David Taylor Drive, Charlotte, NC 28262 in University Research Park, where they have been based for nearly three years.
Electrolux - 20 months ago