Responsible for the overseeing, reviewing and processing of a high volume of invoices and other transactions for timely payment; communicate with University departments and vendors on a daily basis regarding payable processing; research and reconcile any invoice previous balances and credits; data entry of invoice information into the SunGard Higher Education Banner administration software; create financial reports using the Argos reporting software; coordinate the scanning of invoices and other documents using the Banner Extender module.
1. Oversee, review and process a high volume of invoices and other transactions for timely payment and to take advantage of vendor discounts.
2. Communicate with and assist University departments through email and telephone in the approval and receiving of invoices.
3. Communicate with vendors through email and telephone regarding invoice discrepancies and the payment of invoices.
4. Research and reconcile any invoice previous balance and credits.
5. Enter invoice information into the SunGard Higher Education Banner administrative software.
6. Process procurement card and EFT payment transactions.
7. Coordinate the scanning of invoices and other documents using the Banner Extender module.
8. Process invoices in MMARS (the Commonwealth of Massachusetts accounting system) for payment from operating and capital appropriations.
9. Assist in maintaining certain information such as utilities charges using Excel spreadsheets.
10. Run and analyze reports on a daily and monthly basis to prepare invoices for payments, to reduce accounts payables and open purchase orders.
11. Create financial reports (vendor history/detail, trial balance, meal plan bill analysis, general ledger transaction detail, etc.) using the Argos reporting software.
12. File and organize invoices and other related documents.
13. Assist in the writing, revision, improvement, and implementation of all accounts payable procedures.
14. Recommend and implement the usage of workflows to aid in the A/P process.
15. Attend trainings as required.
16. Assist in all areas of the Business Office as needed.
17. Assist in the implementation of new technologies which will improve administrative procedures and interface with University computer systems.
18. Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
For a complete job description, please click here .
Applicants must have at least (A) one year of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in accounting or auditing, or (B) two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, paraprofessional experience in accounting or auditing, or (C) any equivalent combination of the required (A) experience and the substitutions below.
I. An Associate’s or higher degree with a major in accounting, business administration or business management may be substituted for the required (A) experience.*
II. Successfully completed education in accounting or business administration in a recognized business school or school of accounting may be substituted for the required (A) experience on the basis of one year of such education above the high school level or six (6) months of the required (A) experience.*
And the following:
- Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
1. Ability to think and work independently and in a team setting, to be detail oriented, meet deadlines and willing to learn new computer applications.
2. Excellent analytical, data entry, organizational, and oral and written communication skills.
3. Knowledge of basic accounting.
4. Ability to work effectively and professionally with faculty, staff and vendors.
1. Minimum of three years of experience in the accounts payable area.
2. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
3. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
4. Knowledge of and experience in the accounts payable module of the SunGard Higher Education Banner administrative software system.
5. Knowledge of Argos or similar reporting software.
6. Knowledge of and experience in higher education sector payables.
7. Knowledge of and experience with MMARS.
This is a full time, benefited union position. The work schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:45am-5:00pm with a weekly salary of $672.96.
Framingham State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Members of underrepresented groups and those committed to working in a diverse cultural environment are encouraged to apply.
Please apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references. Paper applications will not be accepted. If you need assistance applying online, please call 508-626-4530.
Framingham State University understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Office at 508-626-4530.
Framingham State College - 18 months ago