Responsible for performing special projects which are financial in nature with an emphasis on researching and reporting costs, charges, trends, and projected reimbursement for patient groups within the hospital. These groups include, but are not limited to, critical pathways based on procedures or diagnosis, specific service lines, and departmental performance related to statistics and projected collections. Also responsible for the maintenance of interns and resident data, including all resident demographic data, rotation schedules for current and prior years, and maintaining the IRIS system.
Maintenance of Interns and Resident Data
- Maintain Interns and Resident biographical data
- Maintain Interns and Resident rotation schedules, coordinating with Program Coordinators which submit schedules to ensure accuracy of format and contents
- Maintain the IRIS database, including preparing the annual IRIS disk with the Medicare Cost Report and subsequent audits
- Reconciling I&R Rotation schedules with Housestaff billings
- Coordinate with outside auditors to submit all requested items in a timely manner
- Other internal or external data requests regarding Interns and Residents
Perform Special Projects as assigned.
- Works with relevant hospital/UAMS personnel to determine data required for the project and verify the accuracy of the data.
- Writes adhoc reports using repository database tables and Meditech applications on demand for various departments, as well as for ongoing and special projects. Maintains historical files of all reports with documented selection criteria.
- Special projects may include but are not limited to: profitability analysis, proformas, charge and revenue estimates, non-routine data analysis/compiling functions as requested.
- Verifies data integrity utilizing necessary Meditech applications and/or other source documents (ie; ESS, COS).
- Compiles and prepares the analysis of financial data required for completion of the project.
- Performs analytical review of financial data within the scope of own knowledge base.
- Completes and submits projects in a timely and accurate manner in presentation format.
- Utilizes computer software tools to manage documents and information as required by assigned activities.
- Maintains working knowledge of all Meditech applications that relate to scope of special project assignments [examples but not limited to: BAR, CA, ABS, DR, Admissions, ITS].
- Projects should produce information that is useful and meaningful to its intended users
- Projects should be performed in such a manner that patient confidentiality is maintained.
Collection Rate Analysis - Monthly/Annual
- Compiles/ prepares/reviews monthly/annual analysis of financial data as assigned.
- Analyzes the monthly/annual fluctuations and prepares reports reflecting all findings with communication to the VP of Financial Decision Support.
- Prepares other in-depth analysis as requested by the Sr. Finance team.
- Maintains working knowledge of all Meditech applications affecting the collection rate [i.e. BAR, CA DR] to ensure data compilation/analysis is relevant and accurate.
- Completes analysis and submits financial data within established time-frames.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
• Field of Study: Accounting or related
4 years total experience required
which includes 4 years of accounting experience
• which includes 2 years of healthcare experience
Must be able to organize raw data in usable reader formats using Microsoft Excel and Access.
Must also be able to use Monarch or other data extraction tools as provided.
Physical Activity - Sit
Physical Activity - Use hands to touch, handle, or feel
Physical Activity - Talk or hear
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 10 pounds
Noise Level - In general, the noise level for this position is considered to be:
Arkansas Children's Hospital - 21 months ago
As the only pediatric medical center in the state, Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH) serves the youngest Razorbacks from birth to age...