Oversee the day to day accounting and business functions. Prepare budgets, profit & loss statement and monthly expense & revenue reports.
- Compiles financial information and assist is preparation of reports.
- Directs the day-to-day operation of a small segment of a very large and complex accounting system within Mile Square Health Center.
- Identifies problems and changing requirements regarding management information needs, auditing and other fiscal procedures, account structures or reports and automated accounting systems; recommends changes or modifications relative to Mile Square Health Center.
- Develops non-standard reports and statements requiring interpretation and analysis of trends for Mile Square Health Center.
- Builds general ledger accounts for Mile Square Health Center when new object codes are requested
- Performs work related to the lower level in this series
- Compile and monitor annual budgets for Mile Square Health Center. Perform variance analysis for operating and capital budgets and reports for Mile Square Health Center.
- Maintain ledger accounts and provide information for month-end and annual closings for Mile Square Health Center.
- Analyze and prepare financial statements and reports such as profit and loss statements, monthly expense reports and monthly operations report for Mile Square Health Center.
- Develop grant proposals.
- Monitor grant compliance.
- Examine entries in Banner system.
- Input monthly journal entries
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor's degree with a major in accountancy (or equivalent course work)
2. A total of four (4) years (48 months) of progressively responsible experience in professional level accounting work consistent with the next lower level of this series.
To Apply : For fullest consideration, please complete an online application by clicking the Proceed to Application button below AND submit an Exam Request for Accountant III .
The application must include all work experience, detailed job duties, start and end dates and whether the position was part time or full time.
Additional documents can be electronically attached to your online application through the " Documents" link on the Civil Service Employment application (Part 1). Be sure to select the appropriate document type before uploading the document.
If an application and exam request are not submitted by the close date, the applicant/employee will not be considered and the exam request will be denied.
Transcripts/Licenses/Certifications MUST be uploaded within the application, hand delivered, or mailed directly from the institution to:
University of Illinois at Chicago
Recruitment and Staffing
Human Resources Building Room 109
715 S. Wood Street M/C 862
Chicago IL 60612
Attn: HB5937 - DB
For fullest consideration, the above mentioned requirements must be submitted no later than April 1
4, 2013 .
All information submitted will be thoroughly evaluated and verified.
To view the status of all your exam requests, pending test dates, scores, and current register positions online, just go to https://jobs.uic.edu . Log in and click on "C ivil Service Activity" .
We appreciate your interest in employment at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to Job Board