Preliminary screening will be made on the basis of completed application package submitted by candidate. Completed application package includes: letter of interest detailing experience as related to the position, an eForm application, and resume. All candidates, including current Front Range Community College employees must submit a complete application packet which includes all material listed above. Only completed application packets will move forward for screening. Please review the job duties and minimum requirements carefully. It is your responsibility to demonstrate on your application that you meet all of the minimum requirements listed above to be considered. Failure to do so will result in your application being rejected. Selected applicants will be invited by the screening committee for interviews. All application materials become the property of Front Range Community College and cannot be copied. FRCC will conduct a criminal background check on selected candidate. Employment offers and continued employment are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report. An education verification will also be conducted on selected candidate.
This position reports directly to the Associate Vice President of Facilities Planning and Management.
Project Budgets and Expenditures
Project Tracking and Reporting
- Monitor budget updates and verify money is available for use. Track expense against budget for various construction projects.
- Create receiving report and circulate pay applications for signatures and deliver to Fiscal Services for payment processing.
- Reconcile capital construction payment applications while adhering to accounting standards of the Fiscal Office and uphold rules established by professional, Federal, and State agencies.
- Reconcile project budgets with Fiscal Services to ensure accounting accuracy.
- Monitor fiscal information systems to ensure that payment applications are being processed in a timely manner.
- Analyze and prepare payment applications for capital construction.
- Keep current spreadsheet log with pay locations and update percentage complete details.
- Verify pay applications for accuracy and payment status. Work with vendor if invoice discrepancy.
- Manage the development and processes of Purchase Requisitions for necessary work and construction supplies, in order to guarantee receipt of products or services in a timely manner and that vendors are paid promptly and precisely.
- Monitor budget to actual reports for each established project account.
- Update and circulate the Construction Project Tracking spreadsheet on a bi-weekly basis.
- Organize original and electronic documents in the construction files.
- Provide weekly detailed project budget updates for each campus to the AVP- Facilities Planning and Management and to Managing Architect.
- Complete and process all required State documents, including pre-project and close-out documents.
- Track the circulation of contracts through execution and update spreadsheet log when complete.
- Support year-end close activities including any audit requests.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date files for this position
- Update documentation related to construction including strategic plans, master plans, audits, and project information.
- Maintain a central location at the Westminster Campus and FRCC Shared Drive for all project related documents.
- Analyze and track energy budgets by campus and individual facilities on each campus in order to determine appropriate and accurate data on current usage, as well as forecast usage based on new construction or major remodeling efforts.
- Track budgets at the meter level for each commodity such as gas, transport gas, water, and electric and monitor monthly budget to actual reports.
- Track FRCC responsibilities related to energy performance contracts including providing all documentation for measurement and verification activities.
- Research and track national, state and local trends and statistics related to energy and energy savings potential. Investigate external funding opportunities for existing buildings, new buildings, remodels and energy projects (ie grants, rebates)
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related field such as business administration or finance; or full-time professional accounting experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally, and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated applications.
- Skill in investigation, research and analysis; creative problem solving.
- Skill in written and oral communication.
- Excellent math skills required.
- Experience in higher education including working in the State Banner accounting system.
- Previous experience with construction project accounting, construction contracts, and facility audits.
- Knowledge of State policies, procedures, and reporting requirements, as they are related to Capital Construction.